• Likes 43

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still a bit confused with all the talk of the NAND, so sysnand is basically the devices actual firmware? That you don't touch if its at 4.5 already. Emunand is the spoofed firmware version? And within that, you have normal and classic mode. Classic mode allows you to use retail carts. So why would you ever use normal? And if you are planning on playing roms only and never touching retail carts, which mode should you use? Phew, loaded question.

Vindicator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I have MT-Card, and information about it is pretty scarce. Right now I try to run Steamworld Dig, and it crashes on launch. Is MT-Card even supposed to be compatible with eShop titles? Because on the official site it says that it is.
And if it really is compatible, am I supposed to just drop files on microSD like a regular game, or is it more tricky?

tmactx

Trophies
XP
Country
hi. noob question. how to format sd card w/1gb from emuland to recover 100% card "4gb"?
this: (1gb =emuland. 3gb free) to this: (4gb free)
tanks.

SephirothPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about upgrading 3DS's firmware. Let's assume I have 3DS with firmware lower than 4.1 and I want to upgrade it (to 4.5 for example) and I don't have any original 3DS game cartridges. What options do I have?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What about upgrading 3DS's firmware. Let's assume I have 3DS with firmware lower than 4.1 and I want to upgrade it (to 4.5 for example) and I don't have any original 3DS game cartridges. What options do I have?
buy a game with the 4.x update on,
borrow a game with the 4.x update on,
rent a game with the 4.x update on,
steal a game with the 4.x update on.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I need some help! I wanna backup my 3ds cartiage version of Mario Kart 7 and play it on my 3ds with the saves still intact, I have fiquired out how to get the game on my gateway with rom dumping but the saves have not shown up. There is very little about this on the internet (did a google search) and help would be appreciated! Thanks!

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im setting up my gateway now. And I backup up my nand.bin file now Im using a vid tut and a written tut somewhere else. Now in the vid he backup up just the file and in the other tut he said back up the whole folder 3ds folder. Now which is is right. Ive already formatted the nand. Ive used this vid. Im only asking bc the written vid says but the folder back on the card be4 going into gateway.

Also now when i go into gateway mode and try to load a backuped rom I get fragmentation error. can i get some help passing this and getting the card to work right.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im setting up my gateway now. And I backup up my nand.bin file now Im using a vid tut and a written tut somewhere else. Now in the vid he backup up just the file and in the other tut he said back up the whole folder 3ds folder. Now which is is right. Ive already formatted the nand. Ive used this vid. Im only asking bc the written vid says but the folder back on the card be4 going into gateway.

Also now when i go into gateway mode and try to load a backuped rom I get fragmentation error. can i get some help passing this and getting the card to work right.
reformat and recopy everything over or defragment the card.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I need some help! I wanna backup my 3ds cartiage version of Mario Kart 7 and play it on my 3ds with the saves still intact, I have fiquired out how to get the game on my gateway with rom dumping but the saves have not shown up. There is very little about this on the internet (did a google search) and help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Did you dump the save file too?
Rename it "titleid.sav" where the titleid is dependent on your game. Search it up here (http://3ds.essh.co/)
Then drag the save file to your sd card (big one in the 3ds)

what firmware will smealums exploit thing be compatible with
lol
I sound like a fag
Supposedly works on 8.x. For more details, go ask smealum. *downs 2 shots*

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Isn't defragging really bad for flash memory? Thought that was mainly for mechanical hard drives.
yeah defragging is bad....just format and copy them on again, there is also a tool that does "minimal" defragging to get the games in a playable set up without defragging the whole card

be sure to copy the games on 1 at a time...copying on a bunch at the same time also causes the fragmentation error

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got another quick question, is it ok to take out my red Gateway card while I'm in Gateway mode? Incase I want to swap Micro SD cards or should I power off and do the whole thing from the start?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I wish is for the capability to remove the big SD card while in Gateway Mode. I'd like the to be able to back up my saves on my computer without having to turn off the 3DS and starting up Gateway Mode again...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What I wish is for the capability to remove the big SD card while in Gateway Mode. I'd like the to be able to back up my saves on my computer without having to turn off the 3DS and starting up Gateway Mode again...
yeah that is pretty annoying....for what its worth you can if you don't have emunand set up, but i doubt there would be any way to do it when running the system FW from the SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    E @ eenterx: i am the new user