Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok im about to go from 2.2.0-04 to 4.1 using NSMB2 cart. Should i go to 9.2 from there, or try to go straight to 2.1?
You can't go from 2.2 to 2.1, as you have no access to homebrew. If you can get a Cubic Ninja cartridge you can install a9lh right from 2.2 (or get the OTP at least, then update to 9.2 and install it there). If not, you have to go to 4.x with a cart, then update to 9.2 using rxTools, then start the guide from the beginning.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't go from 2.2 to 2.1, as you have no access to homebrew. If you can get a Cubic Ninja cartridge you can install a9lh right from 2.2 (or get the OTP at least, then update to 9.2 and install it there). If not, you have to go to 4.x with a cart, then update to 9.2 using rxTools, then start the guide from the beginning.
doesn't the otp thing work only on 2.1?

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best format option for a 64GB micro SD card for use on a 2DS running CFW? FAT32, 64kb allocation? I'm seeing different recommendations on this site. Also good format tool?

Thanks!

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best format option for a 64GB micro SD card for use on a 2DS running CFW? FAT32, 64kb allocation? I'm seeing different recommendations on this site. Also good format tool?

Thanks!
64kb cluster size is recommended for larger sd cards to reduce boot times, iirc, emunand9 sets up emunand and a fat32 partition with a 64kb cluster size with "complete emunand setup". If you are not using emunand, use a program called guiformat. Just make sure it is targeting the correct drive.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eghh everything was going fine till i got to downgrading to 9.2 and it crashed during it now when i try to turn it on blank screen blue light and orange light i read about the recover button commands just getting a little advice before i do anything what next guys black screen on both upper and lower when i press power i get the sleep mode screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when i hit home on the screen it just shows white on top and white on bottom saying home menu

ok i took out sd card and got a normal boot up

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eghh everything was going fine till i got to downgrading to 9.2 and it crashed during it now when i try to turn it on blank screen blue light and orange light i read about the recover button commands just getting a little advice before i do anything what next guys black screen on both upper and lower when i press power i get the sleep mode screen

when i hit home on the screen it just shows white on top and white on bottom saying home menu

ok i took out sd card and got a normal boot up

Calm down, next time check trouble shoot guide. :mellow:

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64kb cluster size is recommended for larger sd cards to reduce boot times, iirc, emunand9 sets up emunand and a fat32 partition with a 64kb cluster size with "complete emunand setup". If you are not using emunand, use a program called guiformat. Just make sure it is targeting the correct drive.

I am going to install emunand, arm9, etc, but first I wanted to format in Windows just in case. I'm going to use the GUI format tool, but what number do I select for allocation unit size? Would it be 65536? I'm guessing they don't show it in kb.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo, quick question:

I had downgraded my O3ds a while back to 9.2 and installed Menuhax along with several CIA's. I've been using RX Tools to get into my CFW. The settings screen shows that I have build # RX-E 10.5.0-30U.

A few months ago I was able to happily play Final Fantasy Explorers online mode with no problem. Fast forward to today, and when I try to play online, it prompts me to do an update. My question is, should I update my emuNAND? Is it safe to update?

I know, I know -- very noob question, but I'm trying to play it safe here.

If you need more info out of me, let me know. I appreciate the help guys! Thanks!

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, quick question:

I had downgraded my O3ds a while back to 9.2 and installed Menuhax along with several CIA's. I've been using RX Tools to get into my CFW. The settings screen shows that I have build # RX-E 10.5.0-30U.

A few months ago I was able to happily play Final Fantasy Explorers online mode with no problem. Fast forward to today, and when I try to play online, it prompts me to do an update. My question is, should I update my emuNAND? Is it safe to update?

If you need more info out of me, let me know. I appreciate the help guys! Thanks!
It is safe to update emunand, but you should probably switch from using rxtools to using luma3ds as it has more support, and will have a chance to break in later updates.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, quick question:

If you mean update the game then it shouldn't be a problem, touch the game and press y to update it.

Still is recommend to use luma CFW over rx tools.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It is safe to update emunand, but you should probably switch from using rxtools to using luma3ds as it has more support, and will have a chance to break in later updates.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was lurking around the homebrew scene around February and now that I'm back, I'm catching up on Luma3DS. I'll give it a shot....

UPDATE: I opened up Luma3DS and was greeted to the configuration screen. I left everything blank and just pressed START :|. So tat's it? Just stop using RX and start using Luma?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

I was lurking around the homebrew scene around February and now that I'm back, I'm catching up on Luma3DS. I'll give it a shot....

UPDATE: I opened up Luma3DS and was greeted to the configuration screen. I left everything blank and just pressed START :|. So tat's it? Just stop using RX and start using Luma?
Yeah, but you should probably reboot, hold select when opening luma, and set "show current nand in system settings"

Reactions: shafty710

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but you should probably reboot, hold select when opening luma, and set "show current nand in system settings"

Thanks person. And Sonic Knight, thank you too!

So I finally get to jump into the online scene and its a ghost town :ohnoes:

One more thing: my current homebrew screen has Luma all the way at the bottom. Anyway I can move it to the very top?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks person. And Sonic Knight, thank you too!

So I finally get to jump into the online scene and its a ghost town :ohnoes:

One more thing: my current homebrew screen has Luma all the way at the bottom. Anyway I can move it to the very top?
You could name it 1Luma. Make sure to make everything in the folder 1Luma too.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?