• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try extracting otp yet?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try changing the theme at least twice, Switch to normal then back to the other color, Also make sure your wifi is on and has internet access.

No, shall I give it a go? I got it from new with this firmware.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get into HBL (to try and run OTPHelper)
Is OOTHAX/browserhax compatible with 2.2? If i enter the Dukesrg/arm11 URL it glitches but freezes console (Select does not work) Thanks
You are not supposed to run homebrew loader, you are supposed to load otphelper from web browser.
If the dukes arm11 isn't working either check setup if is done correctly or it won't work on that firmware.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: LuigiXL

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there specific micro sd card companies I should get my 128gb micro sd from?
The most well known ones, Sandisk, Kingston, Whatever those brands inside the 3ds come with, I have a nintendo wii and ds sd card by sandisk :P

As long as it has the appropriate markings like SDXC Ultra and the little (U1) or C10 stuff it should be okay.

Or you can check nintendo site for recommended sd cards for each system. :)

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
You are not supposed to run homebrew loader, you are supposed to load otphelper from web browser.
If the dukes arm11 isn't working either check setup if is done correctly or it won't work on that firmware.

Sadly doesn't work just freezes after arm loads and gltiches. So do i need to go to 4.1 (I have a cart for that) then try HBL then downgrade to 2.1?

DMG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you redownload every file fresh or are you using old stuff you downloaded a day or more previously?
My N3DS (9.2.0.0E) was basically brand new. I had only tried out the new display tech with some of my ~20 physical games before putting it back in it's box, because I didn't want to transfer my saves/files over from my older 3DS XL.
I followed the quide from start to finish within about 2 days. I found this thread when I had to do a Google search because I couldn't find said files anywhere on my SD card. Since I was 100% sure that I followed all the steps exactly as they were explained and since I had multiple NAND backups in multiple places, I decided to continue without said files and everything works just fine.

However, I ran into three other problems:
- Browserhax didn't work. I ended up using Cubic Ninja, instead.
- Had to use an older version of menuhax. 2.1, I think. The latest version didn't work.
- The latest version of OTPHelper didn't work even after ~17 reboots. Ended up using an older version.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly doesn't work just freezes after arm loads and gltiches. So do i need to go to 4.1 (I have a cart for that) then try HBL then downgrade to 2.1?
Yes, you can do that. Just don't go to 11.0

Also may i ask what kind of sd card are you using?

If you are using any sd card over 32GB (64GB or more SDXC) Then you should format it to fat 32 with 64 allocation size

Is just better recommended to use anything between 4GB - 32GB

My N3DS (9.2.0.0E) was basically brand new. I had only tried out the new display tech with some of my ~20 physical games before putting it back in it's box, because I didn't want to transfer my saves/files over from my older 3DS XL.
I followed the quide from start to finish within about 2 days. I found this thread when I had to do a Google search because I couldn't find said files anywhere on my SD card. Since I was 100% sure that I followed all the steps exactly as they were explained and since I had multiple NAND backups in multiple places, I decided to continue without said files and everything works just fine.

However, I ran into three other problems:
- Browserhax didn't work. I ended up using Cubic Ninja, instead.
- Had to use an older version of menuhax. 2.1, I think. The latest version didn't work.
- The latest version of OTPHelper didn't work even after ~17 reboots. Ended up using an older version.
So do you need help? All you did was state what problems you having. More details on how you would like help would be appreciated. :)

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i got a new3ds with arm9 and bought a second today what are my option for arm9 on the new one or can i transfer the hack using system tranfer? providing the firmware is not high on the new one
the new one is 9.9 also i want all my saves from the old one on the new one. ok i have a hacked new3ds xl the screen was scratched thanks to my wifes daughter so i bought a new one,id like to do a system transfer but i'd like all my custom stuff on the new one including the arm9loaderhax

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i got a new3ds with arm9 and bought a second today what are my option for arm9 on the new one or can i transfer the hack using system tranfer? providing the firmware is not high on the new one
the new one is 9.9 also i want all my saves from the old one on the new one. ok i have a hacked new3ds xl the screen was scratched thanks to my wifes daughter so i bought a new one,id like to do a system transfer but i'd like all my custom stuff on the new one including the arm9loaderhax
Umm by arm9 you mean a9lh, the arm9loaderhax with custom firmware?

Please state the status of both systems here.

What are the firmware settings?
What models are they?
Do they have CFW with emunand or Arm9loaderhax?

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old one the arm9loaderhax with custom firmware as i followed the steps completely from Plailect/Guide
New one is 9.9

both are (new) 3ds xl's

i know i can hack the one i bought today but then im not sure how to get my official saves and unofficial saves and ninid from the old one to the new one

as the old one is hacked and the new one isn't,i can reinstall my back up cia's but not the ninid or the saves,and i'd like to do that as i have a ton invested in my acccount and a lot of saves but i want to be carefull with system tranfer as i dont want to update ether,does that make sense?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
old one the arm9loaderhax with custom firmware as i followed the steps completely from Plailect/Guide
New one is 9.9

both are (new) 3ds xl's

i know i can hack the one i bought today but then im not sure how to get my official saves and unofficial saves and ninid from the old one to the new one
Finish hacking the second one, update both to the latest firmware and do a system transfer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i dont want to update
Why not? That's one of the main benefits of a9lh. You can keep your system on the latest firmware.

The other way is you can call up Nintendo and ask them to transfer your NNID, and then use JKSM to backup and restore saves to the new console, and reinstall all the games.

wouldnt that screw the arm9loader hack on them?
No, not at all.

Daddy Horror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. ok i get it hack the new one fully
2.then once all is done update fully once hack is done
3.then system transfer.
if a game is cia and installed im pretty sure the game wont tranfer but will the saves?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
3.then system transfer.
if a game is cia and installed im pretty sure the game wont tranfer but will the saves?
1. yep
2. yep
3. yep, the game will transfer but not the ticket. Just install the ticket to make it playable again. Or try installing it with FBI and it will error out after 1 second but then the game will appear.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.then system transfer.
Yes with the saves, but any other Cia that you DID NOT BUY FROM ESHOP will require you to install the tickets on the system again.

Ok im about to go from 2.2.0-04 to 4.1 using NSMB2 cart. Should i go to 9.2 from there, or try to go straight to 2.1?
Go to 9.2, that what you need to do. Only then can you use 2.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: F = Freedom units