• Views 4,519,497
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, just revert the launcher. It's Beta for a reason. You should only use the beta if you want to play the new Zelda game, and a few tiny titles like that new Adventure Time game.

AKA, only use it if it's required to do what you want.

I DO want to play the new Zelda =). But anyways, I had no problem accessing past the first 2 times. I find hard to believe that the "beta" thing has anything to do with those crashes: if it worked flawlessly with 1.2, I'm sure they haven't touched it apart from the emuNAND thing.

oluvinu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, I have a m3I zero card. I am able to play DS files but not .3DS files. Have I done something wrong? I updated the Nintendo DS m3 I zero card Upto latest firmware. The Nintendo 3DS OS firmware is at 4.2.0 U

Could that be the reason? Should I update the Nintendo 3DS firmware to the latest Nintendo firmware? I did not update it since I didn't see a reason to update for any of the new features I would not use. I read that this card can play Nintendo 3DS game files.

Please help. Thank you for any help you can give :)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I DO want to play the new Zelda =). But anyways, I had no problem accessing past the first 2 times. I find hard to believe that the "beta" thing has anything to do with those crashes: if it worked flawlessly with 1.2, I'm sure they haven't touched it apart from the emuNAND thing.

You'll only have issues when starting the exploit sometimes, and issues saving. I'm not sure if Emunand is required for the new Zelda, but if it isn't, don't install the Emunand. Give it a shot, and tell me if it works. Hopefully you don't get half way through the game and your save gets corrupted...

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll only have issues when starting the exploit sometimes, and issues saving. I'm not sure if Emunand is required for the new Zelda, but if it isn't, don't install the Emunand. Give it a shot, and tell me if it works. Hopefully you don't get half way through the game and your save gets corrupted...

Saves also have to do with the 2.0? 1.2 worked always?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: oluvinu

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to search for the answer but I couldn't think about what keywords to use to not find 1000000000 results.

when 2.0b2 comes out, do I have to re-install the exploit via ds flashcart or is the 2.01b the same?
will the changes be only in launcher.dat?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Saves also have to do with the 2.0? 1.2 worked always?

1.2 doesn't really have any issues save-wise. However, there have been many complaints of issues with saving on the 2.0 Beta firmware (AKA, it not saving at all, crashing while saving, or saves getting corrupted). I would probably wait a couple days until Gateway releases 2.0 Beta 2, which will fix all of this shit. Go enjoy another 3DS game in the mean time, like Mario Kart or something.

oluvinu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You need a card that can play 3DS Roms, like the Gateway or an R4i Gold Deluxe. The m3i zero only plays DS Roms.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html

Hello and thank you for response. I bought the wrong card it seems. Which of the two do you recommend?
http://www.r4ids.us/buy-r4i-gold-3ds.html
You need a card that can play 3DS Roms, like the Gateway or an R4i Gold Deluxe. The m3i zero only plays DS Roms.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html

http://www.r4ids.us/buy-r4i-gold-3ds.html

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

get the gateway. the clones may (very probably) not be able to have multi-rom and play games that use with nand-saving (or how it's called), like pokemon X&Y and animal crossing: new leaf.
or wait for mt-card if you want, but it's a leap into the unknown (until someone gives some feedback, but you may be in a hurry).

I would probably wait a couple days until Gateway releases 2.0 Beta 2, which will fix all of this shit.

mmh, from an email gateway sent to a guy here, it seems they have not enough informations to fix the save issues right now. I don't think the problem will be solved with 2.0b2, and maybe not even with 2.0.
anyway, there's that workaround:
launch the game then exit from it with home+x. if it works without problems, then it will work ok all the times until you power off the 3ds. if it doesn't work, power off the console and retry until it works.

John Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi lads, I have a new 3DS with 4.5 firmware. Nintendo have a promo for newly registered units, if you register the 3DS and one of the listed games, you get a free download of Mario.
Just wondering, can the download be claimed without updating firmware and going to the eshop? Ie, can I just get the code and pass on to someone else, or does it have to be downloaded on the same device that was newly registered?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...omotion/How-To-Claim/How-To-Claim-831590.html

PollyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My 3ds's firmware is 6.3 after the most recent update i used Dream Suite in New Leaf without system asking me for an update.
I'm wondering whether i could play Mario Kart 7 online without system prompting me to update also?
Guy i know is offering an unopened MK 7 for my VLR if i could play the game online without an update i'll take it but i'm not sure so can anyone inform me on this.
Thanks.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi lads, I have a new 3DS with 4.5 firmware. Nintendo have a promo for newly registered units, if you register the 3DS and one of the listed games, you get a free download of Mario.
Just wondering, can the download be claimed without updating firmware and going to the eshop? Ie, can I just get the code and pass on to someone else, or does it have to be downloaded on the same device that was newly registered?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...omotion/How-To-Claim/How-To-Claim-831590.html

Since it's a code it can be redeemed on any system.
My 3ds's firmware is 6.3 after the most recent update i used Dream Suite in New Leaf without system asking me for an update.
I'm wondering whether i could play Mario Kart 7 online without system prompting me to update also?
Guy i know is offering an unopened MK 7 for my VLR if i could play the game online without an update i'll take it but i'm not sure so can anyone inform me on this.
Thanks.

You can't play MK7 online without 1.1 patch, which requires eShop to download.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what about the saves of retail games used with emunand? are they in danger for the save bug (I guess not but I want to be sure)? where are they located in the sd card?
also:

when 2.0b2 comes out, do I have to re-install the exploit via ds flashcart or is the 2.01b the same?

and

also, when the next Gateway version comes out, if it supports 7.1, do I just have to update my Launcher.dat to makes things compatible again?

I need to know this, too. I asked something similar in the "noob paradise" thread but nobody replied.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to search for the answer but I couldn't think about what keywords to use to not find 1000000000 results.

You should use what ever updates the gateway team releases. Nobody knows what the next gateway update will consist of, if a new gateway installer is released then you should use it, more than likely a new launcher will be released.

Reactions: tyons

oluvinu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, it sounds from what was written that the gateway cards have issues. What are the issues?

I have a Nintendo 3DS with 4.2.0 U firmware. I am thinking of buying the r4i delux card. What makes one card better than the other? The 3ds is only used to play games. It's not used to watch videos or any other function.... Just games :)

Where can I buy the r4i 3DS gold deluxe card? The link on the forum down only had 1 working link. It's priced at $59.00 . I'd like to be sure that's the lowest priced website. Are there fakes of these cards sold?

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a gateway for my 4.5 u 3ds xl.

I'm wondering how well retail DS carts work.

I haven't found a clear answer to this so far. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great :)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, it sounds from what was written that the gateway cards have issues. What are the issues?

I have a Nintendo 3DS with 4.2.0 U firmware. I am thinking of buying the r4i delux card. What makes one card better than the other? The 3ds is only used to play games. It's not used to watch videos or any other function.... Just games :)

Where can I buy the r4i 3DS gold deluxe card? The link on the forum down only had 1 working link. It's priced at $59.00 . I'd like to be sure that's the lowest priced website. Are there fakes of these cards sold?
R4i steals from GW so it's not better.
You can find shops at shoptemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?