Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If emuNAND functionalities are not useful for me, can I just backup my sysNAND (just in case!) to my PC and act as if emuNAND dind't exist?
Of course.
You don't need to format the SD card to have EmuNAND on it.
Just make a backup of your NAND to nand.bin, and back it up to PC.
Continue using your regular SD card like you did until now.

DemiseScythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 4.5U 3DS XL and just ordered Gateway. I plan to play XY on retail using Emunand 7 once they fix it. I want to transfer Pokemon from the older versions using the bank. I know I will need retail black 2 for that and I dont mind buying it. I want to transfer from ROMs to it, from it to bank and from bank to XY. Biggest question is whether or not I need to buy a second DS for it. Heard the Pokemon website I can deposit to and transfer with can be used to get them into B2 with only one system.

1) Can B2 retail on emunand 7 get online since it is DS game? Online as in access Bank but on my 3DS.

2) Do I need a second DS for this? Not going lower than SS, Platinum and the Black games.

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you can still play ds roms and if you want emulators the best choice is a dstwo card. Mind you, you might have to update the card using a ds for you to be able to use it with the 2ds.
Kool. Ill find a list to see what DS games she is interested and pursue that.
Are there any hardware downgrading options available in general?
I know 2ds is new so it probably wouldnt even function properly at lower, but if I had lets say a standard 3ds, could it be hacked down?
I have experience doing modchips on 360 so not a stranger to soldering directly to NAND's and what not.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know 2ds is new so it probably wouldnt even function properly at lower, but if I had lets say a standard 3ds, could it be hacked down?
I have experience doing modchips on 360 so not a stranger to soldering directly to NAND's and what not.

You can write a NAND image to a 3DS or 3DSXL, idk about 2DS. The problem is, however, you can only use NAND images of the same device, so the only thing you could do on a 2DS anyway is to make a dump on 6.3 (which is probably the FW which it is delivered with), then update to 7.1 and then write the old 6.3 backup back. So no, it is not possible to get a 2DS on Firmware 4.1.-4.5

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

There's a hardware mod to downgrade but you will need to have a NAND copy of that 3ds as the firmware is console's specific.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed the guide till the win32 thing. Wrote the image, and tried to run it. 1st try, white lines. 2nd try, it get through but I'm not sure if I'm in GW or not, but no game shows up. Have no idea what went wrong...

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed the guide till the win32 thing. Wrote the image, and tried to run it. 1st try, white lines. 2nd try, it get through but I'm not sure if I'm in GW or not, but no game shows up. Have no idea what went wrong...

3rd try (did exactly the same) = works. Is it THAT random?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Really? Even without emuNAND? It's weird...

So I just change the launcher? Or do I have to install the exploit again?

Yeah, just revert the launcher. It's Beta for a reason. You should only use the beta if you want to play the new Zelda game, and a few tiny titles like that new Adventure Time game.

AKA, only use it if it's required to do what you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...