• Views 4,513,883
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I asked my daughter which she wanted, she said 2ds, so I already have that.
So with that in mind, are there still options? DS roms, or general emulators?

Yeah you can still play ds roms and if you want emulators the best choice is a dstwo card. Mind you, you might have to update the card using a ds for you to be able to use it with the 2ds.

3dstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway Arrived YAY!

Got it all working and was playing Luigi 2 but on exiting I must have done something wrong because the system hung on Closing software

What is the sequence to leave a game, but to ensure it saved- THANKS

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

I run Gateway + 7.0 EmuNand is it normal that I can't change Language of games? Because Zelda is English, Luigi is Japanese =/

google

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any chance that the firmware over 4.5 will be able to run flashcarts?
I'm kinda torn between the new and old Zelda 3DS versions, the old one will have the old FW (and looks better) , but the new one has bigger screens! :(
Would get both if I wasn't having cravings for the Wii U Zelda Wind Waker console...

And yes, I have a serious hoarding problem :D

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got me new R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe edition today and realized that I couldn't update the EMUNAND to the preferred 6.3 update, and only the 7.0 update to the EMUNAND through the internet was available. I saw a few guides talking about using a retail game to update the EMUNAND while in EMUNAND mode. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why do you need to update your emuNAND?

- online access in games ? works only with retail card, and update not needed
- eshop access ? not working on older version, installing 6.3 won't help. Installing 7.1.0 doesn't work on current Launcher.dat
- playing a retail cartridge requiring 5.1+ ? It's the only one that require an update of your EmuNAND. you can use the card you want to play, or update your EmuNAND online (but will have bugs until next Launcher.dat release)

Preferred update is 4.5.0

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you maybe tell me why Backup isn't working Online? Black 2 worked well as Backup. Even if I played it on PC.

tarayaba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, due to league of legends, ive spent a couple of months without turning on / reading about the 3DS.

Last i remember, Gateway anounced that they where working on Region free and firmware spoofing. From what i understand, that is already up.

Has anything been announced regarding Gateway working on firmwares above 4.5? Mine is on 5.x i think, and i am not updating in hopes of getting my hands on a Gateway to play Monster Hunter 4.

Ive browsed through some threads, and i didn't see anything about it, so probably nothing solid, right?

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, due to league of legends, ive spent a couple of months without turning on / reading about the 3DS.

Last i remember, Gateway anounced that they where working on Region free and firmware spoofing. From what i understand, that is already up.

Has anything been announced regarding Gateway working on firmwares above 4.5? Mine is on 5.x i think, and i am not updating in hopes of getting my hands on a Gateway to play Monster Hunter 4.

Ive browsed through some threads, and i didn't see anything about it, so probably nothing solid, right?

<= 4.5 requirement still holds, and it seems that they are more concentrated on making the most recent games work, adding multi-rom or dealing with Nintendo's fimware constant updates.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If emuNAND functionalities are not useful for me, can I just backup my sysNAND (just in case!) to my PC and act as if emuNAND dind't exist?

Stewf90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh I've just bought a 2DS a few weeks ago and ordered an R4i 3DS card.....thinking that it'd play 3DS games but each time I try and load a 3DS ROM up it doesn't work. So I've just read some of these posts and as far as I can tell my R4 won't play 3DS games. Is that right?

If so, which card is recommended? I've seen the R4 Gold mentioned but just don't want to waste money again on a card that won't play what I wanted. Ta.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ugh I've just bought a 2DS a few weeks ago and ordered an R4i 3DS card.....thinking that it'd play 3DS games but each time I try and load a 3DS ROM up it doesn't work. So I've just read some of these posts and as far as I can tell my R4 won't play 3DS games. Is that right?

If so, which card is recommended? I've seen the R4 Gold mentioned but just don't want to waste money again on a card that won't play what I wanted. Ta.

Sorry to say it but you can't play 3ds roms in a 2ds as you need to have firmware 4.1 to 4.5 and the 2ds comes with 6.x

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

2DSs have >4.5 firmware, so no 3DS roms support by any flashcart as of now.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Yes. There's no card that work with 2DS atm.

Stewf90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn that's irritating. I'm more annoyed about the website I ordered from saying R4 for 2DS. Although going back to the site they never use the sentence 'plays 2DS games'. Oh well, that's that haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv