Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why did no one report this at E3?
I call shenanigans.

Edit: Nevermind, prolonged exposure made the difference here. I guess we do have to heed the warnings after all.

But I'm still a little hesitant to believe this. Nintendo must have spent millions of dollars and many years testing the 3DS's effect thoroughly for this very reason. Maybe Japanese people are just more 3D tolerant than Americans?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apu said:
LEAKED FOOTAGE OF THE CHINESE GUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu64QDf7v1o

can someone show me how to use the {youtube}{/youtube} thing
as long as it's not a rick roll link
smileipb2.png

go to full editor and you see the youtube button next to wrap in code? click it than add ONLY the lasy digits of the youtube link ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n9MJCcJZrw = youtube n9MJCcJZrw youtube

your link would be: youtube uu64QDf7v1o youtube

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Apu said:

That's just sad. If it IS a 3DS, the bottom plate was ripped off when they stole it from the display chain. How did they rip it off without getting caught?

I think it may be a fake. Like how China has a surplus of knockoff consoles (eg Vii). If this came from a Nintendo store or something, Nintendo probably would have at least tried to polish up the boot screen a little better.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't care about dizziness. I'll play until I either don't want to or until I throw up.[/addicted gamer]
But more seriously, I'm going to turn 3D off in the first 10 minutes of having the thing. Then I'll turn it on once in a while to wow people a bit. Then it goes back off. Who needs 3D really?

@christmas01 It IS a 3DS. The boot screen is like that because it has no OS loaded on it. And quality is too good to be a knock-off

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
Apu said:

That's just sad. If it IS a 3DS, the bottom plate was ripped off when they stole it from the display chain. How did they rip it off without getting caught?

I think it may be a fake. Like how China has a surplus of knockoff consoles (eg Vii). If this came from a Nintendo store or something, Nintendo probably would have at least tried to polish up the boot screen a little better.
They are really shifty they have fat people do it and they get them to hide things in the folds of their skin...
ninja.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah blah complain complain complain. Nintendo wouldn't release a product that makes you feel dizzy and tired, and even if it does, the solution is to turn the 3D slider that Nintendo included in the screen down. Seriously, people make way to big a deal of things.

Apu

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Nintendo has been playing it very safe with the 3DS lately, publicly stating that kids under six shouldn’t view the 3D effects and providing parental controls that will lock the handheld in 2D-mode.

Is there really any danger to children’s eyesight though? After all, we naturally view the world around us in three dimensions so what could the problem be?

The 3DS Creates a three-dimensional effect is created on a flat screen like a video game device or television by filming a scene with two cameras.

"Each camera gets a slightly different view, and that creates what's called binocular disparity," says Ahna Girshick, a vision researcher at New York University. Binocular disparity is what you get when you look at the world with two eyes. Each eye sends an image to the brain that sees the world from a slightly different angle.

"The brain is accustomed to processing that. And it creates this 3-D impression," she says. Makers of 3-D media are taking advantage of that. "So they're just piggybacking what's already built into our eyes and brains."

But there's a problem: We also get some information about how far away an object is by how much we adjust the lens in our eyeball to bring it into focus.

"So with a near display, like if you're looking at a TV and you are sitting up close, your eyes actually focus on the surface of the TV, and that's at one distance," Girshick explains. But if the TV is showing a 3-D image, your brain might think an object is far off in the distance, even though your focus is on the screen right in front of you.

"And these two systems are now in conflict. In the natural world they're never in conflict," she says.

There is currently no evidence that 3D visuals are harmful to anyone so it’s up to parents to heed and enforce Nintendo’s 3DS usage recommendations for their children.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
"Dizziness" and "Eye Fatigue"

Hmmm 2 words come to mind when i hear that.

Virtual Boy
There a lot that make you have "Dizziness" and "Eye Fatigue".

It funny how each chance someone can get , they say something like "Just like Virtual Boy"

Now even make with the same 3D technology.

Some of you guys probably never play it just coping what other people say.

Stop your trolling...
closedeyes.gif

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
SkankyYankee said:
"Dizziness" and "Eye Fatigue"

Hmmm 2 words come to mind when i hear that.

Virtual Boy
There a lot that make you have "Dizziness" and "Eye Fatigue".

It funny how each chance someone can get , they say something like "Just like Virtual Boy"

Now even make with the same 3D technology.

Some of you guys probably never play it just coping what other people say.

Stop your trolling...
closedeyes.gif
Agreed. The 3DS and Virtual Boy are completely different systems made from completely different technologies, and just because they both attempt 3D doesn't mean they should be compared to each other. I also highly doubt that the 3DS will meet the same fate as the Virtual Boy did...

TheYummyKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people react to 3D images differently than others, that's all there is to it. Some people can go out and watch a 3D movie without any problems, other will get headaches and such. 3D tech is basically all the same, it displays 2 different images to your eyes in a way your brain isn't used to seeing images and your brain decodes it as that 3d effect.

Basically if you get headaches watching 3D movies at the theater, you'll get headaches using the 3D function in the 3DS. If you don't, then you're probably fine with the 3DS for reasonable amounts gameplay time. The underlying method of getting you to see in 3D is the same both ways really.

Than again none of this matters to me since I'm blind in one eye and I can't view 3D images anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i don't wanna even know