3DS Makes Nintendo World Users Dizzy, Fatigued

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
closedeyes.gif
HEH that problem doesn't bother me except the only thing I'm afraid of is that ill have 2 wear glasses in the future .
I've got good eye sight and all but i just don't take care of em . In the weekends i watch like 9 hours of continues of anime and i spilled alot of fizzy drinks
into my eye . All I'm sayin is i bet nintendo will soon make some type of protective 3D glasses to reduce the eye fatigue and dizzynes .

And any ways even if they don't find a solution to it I'm still gonna buy it since I've been saving my money for it and i missed the chance to buy a
ps3 for the 3DS but hey I've always been the portable type count to think about it i never bought those big consoles or what ever u call em .

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see it being an issue really. I still get headaches and eye fatigue just watching a 3D movie. Our bodies have to have time to adapt. I too used to get a bit of dizzyness playing FPS's but eventually it went away and no more problems.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
You know, I'm so tired of people making up stupid accusations about a news system, its always like this with any system. My head hurts (Take some aspirin!) My Dick hurts (Quick beating off!) I had a Seizure, (Then you shouldn't be playing Video games, find a new hobby!) I mean come on people, there's no reason for it, if you know you have problems that relate to Video Games stay away from them or do what the Warning says when you turn on the game, take breaks, Sheesh!

I'm just saying and making a point!

And your point? I understand what the post stated, but what gets me is what about those who wear those ass a nine glass to see 3D on there TV's to they get dizzy? To me its the same thing with or with the glasses!

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
*ignores all the extreme fanboyism*

Are you suggesting that Nintendo release a pair of protective glasses for their glasses-free 3D effect?

I'm glad for the 3D slider, I'm sure it's there for the reason this topic was created. Eye strain happens to everyone, no matter how good eyesight you have. If the news are true, I'm not sure any of us are going to play with the full 3D effect for more than an hour without causing damage, even if we're trained.

T

tomservo6

Hmm... perhaps they should ask those same people if they feel sick and dizzy after several minutes while in real life. Because real life = 3D. 3DS = 3D. Connection? I'm not a doctor but maybe there's a larger problem here. I'd suggest to wear one eye patch. Problem solved.

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tomservo6 said:
Hmm... perhaps they should ask those same people if they feel sick and dizzy after several minutes while in real life. Because real life = 3D. 3DS = 3D. Connection? I'm not a doctor but maybe there's a larger problem here. I'd suggest to wear one eye patch. Problem solved.
Not true, the 3DS uses some sort of parallax blocking which limits what each eye can see creating the 3D affect. Also wearing of an eye patch should technically work as it would cancel out the 3D effect.

I think people just need some time to adjust to the 3D changes.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D works by making an illusion. Of course the eyes attempt to focus on an object infront of you, that isnt really there. it could take some "Training" to get used to the 3D effect, and would cause dizziness in the same people who encounter it in movie theaters that show 3D Movies.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is really stupid... The thing's new for god's sakes.

Look at it this way, vaccines make you kind of sick after getting administered, and that prob caused some raised eyebrows back then, but eventually everyone got used to the whole thing, and it's no big deal anymore. Same thing with space travel, just imagine how the first astronauts felt like during takeoff, but they went on with it, and thus we've reached the moon.

New tech doesn't go like

1. build
2. ???
3. profit

because there is always a phase where people have to get used to the concept and to the application. It's been proven time and time again, and it should be no different here.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my god, I really hope I won't get nausea from the 3DS, since I was about to pre-order it. (Though I'm still doubting about the colour)

And now the worst part, I got sick from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Half-Life 1, but I could prevent it from happening with HL1 by disabling the head bobbing.

Please don't let this be true, I want to pre-order
frown.gif
But now I don't know what to do...

Edit: Now after thinking about it, I've seen Avatar and Toy Story 3 in 3D and I didn't really get sick from them. It felt a bit weird and TS3 was better than Avatar 3D effects, but it's just that you think it's real and try to focus on other planes, but can't because the 3D effect is only in certain areas.

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
3D works by making an illusion. Of course the eyes attempt to focus on an object infront of you, that isnt really there. it could take some "Training" to get used to the 3D effect, and would cause dizziness in the same people who encounter it in movie theaters that show 3D Movies.

QUOTE(Nintendude92 @ Jan 18 2011, 08:46 PM) Heh. Lightweights.
smile.gif

unsure.gif
I see what you done there
rofl2.gif
Just Great, Just Great

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r3gR3t said:
Seriously I don't think the 3DS is going to cause as much damage to our eyes as they're publishing... Nintendo's probably doing all that to protect themselves from any sue that 3DS users may come up with, I mean, why would they make a new handheld from which they won't get any profit?? Specially with the money and time invested in developing it... I think that is all b***s***. Yeah, maybe the the 3D fx will hurt your eyes, but I don't think it'll be THAT bad...

Does anybody remember to use the depth slider or what???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: