Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if r4i and others havent stolen from gw this never even happened.

What are those companys saying about this, havent heard anything from them. or they are so scared to face the their clients!

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a legitimate gateway in one of the official representatives listed on the official site, I have not received it is being sent. I'm afraid to upgrade to the latest version (2.0b2) :/
it comes with nothing on it as it doesnt have microsd download the firmware yourself.

What are those companys saying about this, havent heard anything from them. or they are so scared to face the their clients!
wait until they release a video showing their original work soon pretty sure it will be in the next week or two

Lustspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it comes with nothing on it as it doesnt have microsd download the firmware yourself.

The problem is that this reseller, he sells the Nintendo 3DS XL Fw 4.5 + Gateway installed, ready for use. I'll contact him and verify which version of the gateway that will come installed!!

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that this dealer, he sells the Nintendo 3DS XL Fw 4.5 + Gateway installed, ready for use. I'll contact him and verify which version of the gateway that will come installed!!
still you can just copy over old firmware its basically all you have to do is copy and paste 1 file to change firmware that it.

Reactions: Arras

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country

Why would they be afraid? They are not at fault for creating a killcode.
Also a few days ago they removed the killcode, making them more secure than GW official :P

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got a legitimate gateway in one of the official representatives listed on the official site, I have not received it is being sent. I'm afraid to upgrade to the latest version (2.0b2) :/
Well if you are using your gateway for roms just play the games supported by 1.2 for now. If you are using the gateway for region free or emunand you're better off waiting.

Lustspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
still you can just copy over old firmware its basically all you have to do is copy and paste 1 file to change firmware that it.

The version of the Gateway would be safer 2.0b1. Only I can not find it for download on the official website of the gateway, only the version 2.0b2 version where it's supposed to be inserted malicious code that everyone fears. Now I will start hunting this file to download ....

Gerbilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With all the Gateway trolls and hate on this forum I'm surprised we don't see many more of these troll posts claiming official GW launcher bricked their 3DS to stir things up.

Those photos are not proof at all. Infact it looks like the user got a second hand GW for cheap just to use as "proof", for all we know the user tried a R4i clone and then is now claiming it was GW. Just look at those scratches on the GW card...

So, your 'argument' and I use the term very loosely, is that the OP bought a second-hand Gateway. Your 'evidence' for this is that it has scratches from use. You therefore conclude the OP is lying. Maybe how you could tell me how you distinguish between scratches from a previous owner and scratches from the OP using his Gateway? Clearly you have some method - perhaps the original owner carved his initials in it somewhere and I cannot see it?Please explain your reasoning? Or did you simply want to support Gateway at any cost?

Maybe you work for Gateway yourself? Your username is Json. I know one of the creators of Gateway has a son named Jay. It must be you! You are lying and know that the OP is telling the truth!!!!

My stupid 'reasoning' is just as valid as yours - i.e not at all!

I would suggest you consider logical alternatives before accusing others of lying. Defend Gateway all you want but at least make your reasoning a little less ridiculous.

Reactions: NEP and [Truth]

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its like ghost only seeing myself is beliving.
one two out off 10 000 is how %? its not even noticable.

off course bad for OP, but camon you where warned it is the BETA!

Gerbilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The version of the Gateway would be safer 2.0b1. Only I can not find it for download on the official website of the gateway, only the version 2.0b2 version where it's supposed to be inserted malicious code that everyone fears. Now I will start hunting this file to download ....
Go to the official Gateway site. Click on the official download link for 2.02b (not a mirror link) and let that window pop up. Now go to the address in your browser bar and change the bit where it says 2.0b2 and change it to read 2.0b1 and press enter. It will download the older version.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just realized that the official site conveniently doesn't provide download for older versions. Welp.

Anyway I have 2.0b1 still in the .rar from when I downloaded it, never even opened it up because my gateway didn't arrive yet and b2 released in-between. If you can't find the file on the internet I can upload this on MF or somewhere else and PM it to you.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'll just leave this here.
GW_Release_1.0.zip
19,0 MB (19 983 588 bytes)
CRC32: C67864D1
MD5: E0B7530B5D9949A47627EC86512DFF5E
SHA-1: 7E5F8058E2066464488F999CEE943EA27767149E

GW_Release_1.1a.zip
19,1 MB (20 033 340 bytes)
CRC32: DE3C2EFA
MD5: EF766280C1143E58E6D98463DDB1C98C
SHA-1: AECAAC68EED8A5C759A7CF54072DFF73ED8D4AE9

GW_Release_1.2.zip
14,0 MB (14 746 834 bytes)
CRC32: 1519F9F4
MD5: 4A688ACB3C6DA27A92C71E5818868BCB
SHA-1: 4731BA8B9D2DFAD47841CEF68FD4F304DA10E1A6

GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip
16,1 MB (16 937 431 bytes)
CRC32: 75233963
MD5: D2EE752831FDADCE7F3CC5B42898B0AB
SHA-1: F911782FA2CF1400A6AE905F4CAA62A5CF9D5323

GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2.zip
16,1 MB (16 935 746 bytes)
CRC32: E3991259
MD5: 6EB789292D27305351060639600C68BB
SHA-1: 7E6A5817727EA7D8AA5EF189A01FC01C801B8F0A

Reactions: frown

Lustspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Go to the official Gateway site. Click on the official download link for 2.02b (not a mirror link) and let that window pop up. Now go to the address in your browser bar and change the bit where it says 2.0b2 and change it to read 2.0b1 and press enter. It will download the older version.

I love you man ... Download done! Thanks :)

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like ghost only seeing myself is beliving.
one two out off 10 000 is how %? its not even noticable.

off course bad for OP, but camon you where warned it is the BETA!

We are investigating the issue about the recent blue screen bootrom error some users have reported, and we have discovered this is caused by memory corruption due to flawed copying or modifications of our official Launcher firmware.

We can reassure our users that our official (unmodified) Launcher firmware is free from such memory corruption and is 100% safe to use.

We specifically warn users to:
- Avoid clone Launcher firmware
- Avoid the region-free patches made by Normmatt

We have also heard the request for region free in Classic mode, and we will add this feature to our future firmware updates.

We feel sorry for the users that are affected by this error, but we have issued warnings in the past about the clone cards for this exact reason.
We pride ourselves to do thorough testing before release, the same cannot be said for our so-called “competitors”.

there is no single mention by 2.02b being beta will cause this problem.

Lustspell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just realized that the official site conveniently doesn't provide download for older versions. Welp.

Anyway I have 2.0b1 still in the .rar from when I downloaded it, never even opened it up because my gateway didn't arrive yet and b2 released in-between. If you can't find the file on the internet I can upload this on MF or somewhere else and PM it to you.

Steena,

Thanks for wanting to help me, but I followed the tip Gerbilly and it worked! I am awaiting the arrival of my Nintendo 3ds xl + gateway. I hope to get this week ... :)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but camon you where warned it is the BETA!
1) in this case, "beta" is just a term they wrongly use, because b1 and b2 firmwares are not for us to bugtest, according to GW they have already been tested extensively for serious issues. They are just intermediate updates without all the features implemented at once.
2) gateway always said they would never release untested firmware that may cause unexpected issues to people, saying that would rather delay their updates so that they would have the best stability. GW never once warned the users of system bricking chances for using the beta firmwares.
3) being beta does not excuse brick code, the two things are completely unrelated, it's not like "whoops forgot this random brick code in firmware, oh well it's beta won't test this shit, I'll just put a 'users beware' notice, which I haven't by the way".

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guy seems legit ... If you don't believe him check is old posts. You had a lot of issues with your card in the past so there's a possibility that you simply had a faulty cart. I would still e-mail Gateway and send them the pics with a link to this thread and please complain and ask them to remove that code from 2.0 final release :S

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i hope the mods put an update regarding my problem in the front page, if it is viable. i'm not attention whoring, but like above poster said, it is better to warn people before something like this happen to others
There's already a post on the front page about bricks. Honestly, your problem is nothing new. People have reported blue screens on their 3DS for years. Google's your friend here.

Was the brick caused by using a flash cart? Possibly. Was it caused by Gateway's "kill code"? Possibly. Was it caused by random chance? Possibly. Are you secretly a superhero whose abilities are electricity-based and you accidentally fried the chip in your sleep? Possibly. Call be a Gateway fanboy if you want (to be an idiot), but we have no proof that your problem is because of Gateway's "kill code." Yes, the fact that such a code exists is ludicrous, but correlation does not imply causation.

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hope this fiasco results in some open source launcher development, I don't want to be at mercy of this faceless Chinese company or the other anymore that can brick the console if they feel like it. what BS.

This is just a repeat of trueblue mess in ps3 scene, funny thing is that the same guy from crunch is the face and promoter of both ripoffs, should've known better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_