Not open for further replies.

Dr Pikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False, there are ways to insert/exctract save games from catridges

False, we would see black borders on the upper-screen sides.

So what?
Read it wrong. Inserting/extracting game save files onto the system memory at the current time is impossible. You would need access to it. As said, running the exploit off the sd would be difficult. You would need to run it like a persistent os. The booting process is the problem. The only reason the Wii could run off a game save is due to the game save being able to be both on the sd and system memory. The 3DS doesn't work like that.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still need to decap. Sure they hacked it software wise, but we still don't know how the hardware works and how to manipulate it. Homebrew will be simple until we figure out how to take advantage of full 3ds hardware.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well if this is gonna be full homebrew then there wud nothing to find
I thought of the fund raiser. I never donated! :P
These guys hacked it without a fund raiser. That's what I call awesome hacking!
And nothing at all is mapped since we don't know the hardware, so the hack had to opt for an edit of text that's already on the system as its "custom code", so we still should have it decapped to get to know the hardware, right? B-)

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And nothing at all is mapped since we don't know the hardware, so the hack had to opt for an edit of text that's already on the system as its "custom code", so we still should have it decapped to get to know the hardware, right? B-)

Yes, it makes me feel giddy just thinking about it

Dr Pikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I said
What I mean is, there is probably a save game exploit, which is done inserting an exploit with 3DS save format to be run trough a catridge.
Which wouldn't work anyway because the 3DS doesn't run their save files like the wii. The wii required game saves to be on either the system memory or an sd. The 3DS has its in the actual cartridge. However, extracting the save file and editing it wouldn't work anyway. Very few programs out there can help with a large scale overwrite such as that. The only game that comes to mind is Pokemon and the limitations it has is so limited it isn't even funny.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Which wouldn't work anyway because the 3DS doesn't run their save files like the wii. The wii required game saves to be on either the system memory or an sd. The 3DS has its in the actual cartridge. However, extracting the save file and editing it wouldn't work anyway. Very few programs out there can help with a large scale overwrite such as that. The only game that comes to mind is Pokemon and the limitations it has is so limited it isn't even funny.

I thought the saves were in the sd card called extra data

Dr Pikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the saves were in the sd card called extra data
For eshop games saved on the sd card they are. That would be the only way a game save could work and boot but there's still the problem with the system memory. Sure you have the booting problem done but then there's the actual flashing. Trying to run a homebrew from the sd like that is like trying to flash a Backtrack image on a smart phone. It's quite difficult. Sure it can work but it's going to take months to fix all the configurations.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Now im anxious! This will take time......

Attachments

• [AllCDCovers]_slipknot_slipknot_2002_retail_cd-inlay.jpg
    [AllCDCovers]_slipknot_slipknot_2002_retail_cd-inlay.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 194

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Large Scale overwrite?!
Were talking about a file with less than a MegaByte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place