dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello,

I've posted here a few month ago about an issue I had since start with my 3ds, it used to randomly shut off while in sleep mode for no reasons. Since December's update this problem was almost resolved (it did switch off twice since then... before that it was every day). But now I have a new problem, but only with Mario Kart 7: if I close my 3DS, therefore switching it to sleep mode whilst in the start menu or in between races or in any kind of situations where I'm not in a race, 3 times out of 4 I won't be able to get out of sleep mode! The screen stays black, no sound, the blue led is pumping like it should in sleep mode, my only solution is to long press the power button till I hard reset. If I'm in a race, I pause and then go into sleep mode I won't have any problem getting out of it.

This is weird and extremely annoying! I'm fed up with these sleep mode problems, and I seem to be quite alone in this situation. BTW, I'm a lucky (sarcasm) ambassador, my 3DS is one of the first that was distributed here (Switzerland).

Anyone have this issue?

Cheers

D

Deleted User

you're not the only one with that problem, happened to me quite a few times too
but (sadly) i'm not an embassador

happened only once or twice during a game i think, other times it usually freezes in the home menu
but in my case i'm not even able to turn it off
i randomly open and close my 3ds and press the power button until i'm finally able to turn it off, because it won't go off simply by pressing/holding power

have you tried updating your 3ds firmware?
maybe it has a fix for that
since it seems to be a game glitch in your case

dulume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
well it wasn't just a game related problem at first. Ironically, I wrote that this never happens when I pause/close the 3DS in a race... until 5mn ago. :( Sleep mode froze while in a race.

So apparently it also happens when in a race (first time it did).

I'm up-to-date with the firmware (dunno the name of the release, but it's the one we got last week with the new folder option)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...