Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Gerbilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with the generic 2GB works fine, just these 4gb are problematic

no solutions?
Are you sure these are genuine cards? Many counterfeits exist which pretend to be much larger sizes than they actually are. Grab yourself a diagnostic tool designed for flash memory and confirm the specs. Could it also be that they are genuine but are very slow, thus failing to allow the 3ds to read the game quickly enough when the rom is large? What class are the cards?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm getting

"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

After entering the DS profile with b2.

same here (2.0b1 does it too, now). I'm currently hard-formatting the sd. let's see if it works.

edit: it didn't work. I don't know what to do.

HALP

edit #2: ok the problem is that I changed the language of sysnand... incredible. such a stupid little change may prevent me from playing pokemon X when it arrives tomorrow (I don't have gateway yet and I installed the exploit with a borrowed flashcart).

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here (2.0b1 does it too, now). I'm currently hard-formatting the sd. let's see if it works.

edit: it didn't work. I don't know what to do.

HALP

edit #2: ok the problem is that I changed the language of sysnand... incredible. such a stupid little change may prevent me from playing pokemon X when it arrives tomorrow (I don't have gateway yet and I installed the exploit with a borrowed flashcart).

Yeah it will remove the exploit every time you change the language. Just have to reapply it like kyogre said. Only have to do this each time you change the language.

Diosmios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure these are genuine cards? Many counterfeits exist which pretend to be much larger sizes than they actually are. Grab yourself a diagnostic tool designed for flash memory and confirm the specs. Could it also be that they are genuine but are very slow, thus failing to allow the 3ds to read the game quickly enough when the rom is large? What class are the cards?

They seem to be genuine, and have the aprox. 4gb it shows, cause I tested and copied 3 large roms to fill its size and the card kept them intact, no problems with the files.

Theres any way to increase its speed?

It copied the files real slow from my PC to the card, I think the card is too slow for the 3DS

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think most (if not all) European and American countries celebrate 24th December the most, and this must apply to the Gateway developers since I've read multiple times that they're French.

Smealum is french, but I dont think Gateway guys are french...

MrXela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this is a question about my 3DS. I bought my 3DS at June/July (End of Financial year sales) and I did the update and all that like a noob. So currently im sitting on the version 6.3.0-12E. My 3DS box says Nintendo 2012 so now if i was to do a "Format System Memory" would that basically wipe clean the 3DS memory(factory default it in other words) or is it going to delete everything like applications and all and leave the firmware/version there? Im honestly a noob at all this flashcart stuff so sorry if it doesn't make sense, just reading all these forums makes me more and more confused. Also I didn't format it because I dont want to lose some stuff and still have 6.3.0-12E version, it'd be a bummer

mostifar32

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only bug I see at this time with 2.0b2 :
When you quit your control panel in emunand 7.1 you return to real nand. Perhaps it's a feature ;). It's not a big problem.

Solved since b1 for me :
I can update emunand 4.4 to 7.1
I can boot without problem in gateway mode (it worked once on two with b1)

Very good Job Gateway Team !

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only bug I see at this time with 2.0b2 :
When you quit your control panel in emunand 7.1 you return to real nand. Perhaps it's a feature ;). It's not a big problem.

Solved since b1 for me :
I can update emunand 4.4 to 7.1
I can boot without problem in gateway mode (it worked once on two with b1)

Very good Job Gateway Team !
and they solved a save issue (I had).

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it relatively safe to use emunand 7.x to purchase eshop games now or could a future GW update invalidate the current emunand and lose all purchases? I don't think a re-format of emunad is needed from b1 to b2 but some people are doing this anyway. Or if needed, can I recreate emunand and re-download the eshop purchases since it is to the same 3DS? I suspect this process may invalidate old save game data on the SD card.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is real gateway3ds twitter i m gonna go cry https://twitter.com/Gateway3DS/status/415447353290526720
I guess we won't see any releases until late January to early February. I really don't think Multi-tom is that big of a deal, and it's not like they're going to release a >4.5 firmware hack. What I would like is a saving fix and some way to play Animal Crossing, since I already own Pokemon X/Y.

BigGamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for the new version.

After the chaos that happened to my defective gateway card, is this firmware safer? I got an RMA and probably will get my card back in a few days.

Any save corruptions being reported or card removed or anything like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas