Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Multi-rom and NAND game support were expected, everything else is a nice surprise. Sorry to those who have to wait an extra few days (I guess...it's not really a big deal with as much coding that goes into this), but I don't get my cart for another 10 days at least. Really glad I did my research and went with GW. <3

Will early days 2014 update have Pokemon rom support? I hope but does anyone know?

Happy New Years and peaceful tidings fellow merry makers.
Yes. Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing were the only two titles without support (NAND saving) AFAIK.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"early days of 2014"

c u this summer

bye
Why anyone would hate on Gateway when all the other clones rely on their updates to receive new features is beyond me. They released two updates within the last month. You'd have to be a moron to think this delay will extend more than a couple weeks, let alone out of January. This isn't Half-Life 3.

I assume you're using hyperbole, but it isn't appreciated or humorous.

Reactions: moviecut

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why anyone would hate on Gateway when all the other clones rely on their updates to receive new features is beyond me. They released two updates within the last month. You'd have to be a moron to think this delay will extend more than a couple weeks, let alone out of January. This isn't Half-Life 3.

I assume you're using hyperbole, but it isn't appreciated or humorous.

man i am just bored of people talking about of release when they delay it EVERY TIME

if they want to release the 2.0 final in 2014 summer then why they are not directly saying that?

they ALWAYS talk about to release then fucking delay it and that is so boring, really. i am not even hating about the gateway 3DS team, i love them but it is really boring. Stop talking about things that you don't do. that's enough!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
man i am just bored of people talking about of release when they delay it EVERY TIME

if they want to release the 2.0 final in 2014 summer then why they are not directly saying that?

they ALWAYS talk about to release then fucking delay it and that is so boring, really. i am not even hating about the gateway 3DS team, i love them but it is really boring. Stop talking about things that you don't do. that's enough!
This is the first time 2.0 final has been slated for release after the beta releases. Which, IIRC, I just stated both released within the last month or so. You seem to be an extremely impatient fellow considering that they've already delivered on giving you 99% of the 3DS's game library for $80. All those games not enough to keep you occupied for a few more days?

God knows if my GW had been delivered already, I wouldn't be on here talking about it. I'd be playing stuff.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is the first time 2.0 final has been slated for release after the beta releases. Which, IIRC, I just stated both released within the last month or so. You seem to be an extremely impatient fellow considering that they've already delivered on giving you 99% of the 3DS's game library for $80. All those games not enough to keep you occupied for a few more days?

God knows if my GW had been delivered already, I wouldn't be on here talking about it. I'd be playing stuff.

I don't care about all of this. All I want to say is: don't talk about a release date if you don't know when you will release it.
2.0 FINAL release was stated between Christmas and end of the year. There is no final release and it is delayed again. Like every release that they are doing. I don't care about playing Pokémon or Animal Crossing or anything. I just want to say: Please, stop talking about release dates when you don't even know when you will release it. It is stupid and boring.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about all of this. All I want to say is: don't talk about a release date if you don't know when you will release it.
2.0 FINAL release was stated between Christmas and end of the year. There is no final release and it is delayed again. Like every release that they are doing. I don't care about playing Pokémon or Animal Crossing or anything. I just want to say: Please, stop talking about release dates when you don't even know when you will release it. It is stupid and boring.
Which is the reason they gave an estimate and an not exact date. How long have you been a gamer, exactly? Delays happen all the time for huge developers, let alone a small hacker/scene group. Complaining about this is like a little kid complaining about being forced to eat his carrots before he can eat his pudding. It's life. Not everything is going to go perfectly, and not everything revolves around your needs and wishes.

They provide release windows for the rest of us who realize that these things can and often will be tentative, not set in stone. You know, us adults who also work jobs and don't always finish our work on time down to the second.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

To be honest, they only informed about this estimated release date via email, so basically your problem was reading the public posts of their email responses (which again, were estimated).

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Probably been asked a bunch, but I don't feel like looking because I'm too busy "Partying". I just bought a retail copy of Pokemon Y, will the save I started on a friend's 3DS work on the newest firmware update with 7.1 emunand, or will it yell at me about it being corrupted and restart? It would suck if the latter was the case.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I made a test with this board.
gw1.jpg

That's the result:
gw2.jpg

It's almost impossible to program gw's FGPA with the pictures listed above.
Therefore, it's very difficult for gw team support multi-rom and make nand save games work.
There is little hope.
Maybe 2.0b2 is the final.

However, gw team still does very well in the past months.
You can gain access to over 400 3ds games by paying them only 80USD.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Therefore, it's very difficult for gw team support multi-rom and make nand save games work.
There is little hope.

Hey, R4i just released multirom and porkmon support! See what I did there? :tpi:
random stuff without any base

Reactions: Huntereb

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is little hope.

Lol, what? Are you advertising for another flash cart and attempting to smear Gateway with bad information? Everything they do is through FPGA programming from what I've been told, so clearly it works just fine. They aren't going to leave a beta release as their last. And that was only released about a week ago. They just made a post about the release of 2.0 on their official site, which is the first public announcement on it.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to get emulators running on the blue gateway card?

I only get black screens and then they hang.

Does it have a CPU built in? From what I understand the DS/DS-mode doesn't have the power to run even a GBA emulator without help.

If I'm wrong about the above, does Gateways card automatically DLDI patch?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol, what? Are you advertising for another flash cart and attempting to smear Gateway with bad information? Everything they do is through FPGA programming from what I've been told, so clearly it works just fine. They aren't going to leave a beta release as their last. And that was only released about a week ago. They just made a post about the release of 2.0 on their official site, which is the first public announcement on it.

Have you ever got a video to show it or a beta version for testing?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does it have a CPU built in? From what I understand the DS/DS-mode doesn't have the power to run even a GBA emulator without help.

If I'm wrong about the above, does Gateways card automatically DLDI patch?
The DS was able to emulate a lot of SNES games just fine with my old flash cart.

No clue on the second question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol