Hacking 3DS encryption before and after downgrade and cfw?

BlazeEruption

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So putting my Pokemon game in emunand caused it to corrupt my save file.Everything went great with the downgrading,cfw,and emunand but this is the only problem I have encountered and didn't see any warning before doing so and don't want to risk my other saves.I would have thought that everything would be copied from sysnand to emunand including the encryption but reading other post in different places I guess not.Can it be reverted back if I import my sysnand backup and recover my save file or is that not how it works?:huh:

edit:My sysnand is on 9.2 and emunand is on 10.6 using rxtools.

Last edited by BlazeEruption,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So putting my Pokemon game in emunand caused it to corrupt my save file.Everything went great with the downgrading,cfw,and emunand but this is the only problem I have encountered and didn't see any warning before doing so and don't want to risk my other saves.I would have thought that everything would be copied from sysnand to emunand including the encryption but reading other post in different places I guess not.Can it be reverted back if I import my sysnand backup and recover my save file or is that not how it works?:huh:
which Pokemon game save?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jks save manager will let you dump the save off the cart. Did you launch it before upgrading to 10.6 or after?

BlazeEruption

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rxtools allows the usage of retail carts.

Use savedatafiler to back up, while cartridge is in.

Hover on ntr or ctr (forgot the name; should be TOP of the list) and export save to SD card.
I will try it when I find it. edit:I backed it up with savedatafiler.
Jks save manager will let you dump the save off the cart. Did you launch it before upgrading to 10.6 or after?
I tried Jks save manager but it just froze. I launched my game after updating emunand to 10.6. edit:I backed up with jks and got a 4gb main file and I couldn't export extdata.

Last edited by BlazeEruption,

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I will try it when I find it. edit:I backed it up with savedatafiler.

I tried Jks save manager but it just froze. I launched my game after updating emunand to 10.6. edit:I backed up with jks and got a 4gb main file and I couldn't export extdata.

4GB???? and AFAIK ORAS only uses ExtData for Streetpass and stores it on the SDCard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-