3DS DSiWare Transfer Damaged My DSi?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    Had all people with bricked DSi SudokuHax in their System?

Is there one with a bricked DSi that did not have SudokuHax?

2. lsk0754

lsk0754 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    I had the same problem. I was downloading the transfer thing while doing something else 'cause it's slow. My DSi had already shutted down when I noticed it. I didn't see any caution and didn't turn it off. When I turn it on, I found it was blocked. My DSi is JAP version.

3. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    lsk0754, did you have a the hacked EA Sudoku DSiWare game on your DSi?

4. VortexCZ

VortexCZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    I don't have any hacks on my DSi. Its completely clean. [​IMG]

5. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    Thank you very much, VortexCZ.

One person that got his DSi bricked had SudokuHax. But now is seems that this was not the reason.

Thx! [​IMG]

6. Thomas Harris

Thomas Harris Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Guatemala
    well...mine was blocked since thursday and I was looking for others who had this error...my DSi is completeley clean...I had like 20 DsiWare games and when trying to download the transfer tool it started showing an error but before that I downloaded 3 other games to finish my DSiware points and they worked...my router was infront of me and still keeps giving me the error some other people says that the only response from nintendo is to send it to them but they get charged $91 for it....

7. VortexCZ

VortexCZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    is any chance how to unbrick, or fix DSi with something like pandora battery like psp?

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    There's no way that anybody knows of.

Contact Nintendo.

9. lsk0754

lsk0754 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    I don't have any hacks on my DSi.

10. VortexCZ

VortexCZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    i'm from czech rep. and its country where nintendo doesn't have any official support, so i must wait for now. [​IMG]

11. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    Send yours to Poland. It's better than sending it to UK [​IMG]
    I think I will send mine, 'cos it doesn't seem that nintendo wants to help us. Only bad thing is that they want 200 z? from me (about 50€), I dunno how would that be in k?.

12. VortexCZ

VortexCZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    50€ is realy too much(1250kc btw). It's better smash it against the wall... [​IMG] Goodbye Photo Dojo, goodbye Dr. Mario, goodbye photos from travels...

13. VmprHntrD

VmprHntrD GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Well then perhaps it would be better not to jump regions to buy systems in case of random issues like this.

I called NOA today over another thing and it sounded really busy. The guy said they're getting calls over how to use the new eshop, some upgrade problems(this issue on topic I bet), and for issues with game transfers. I guess some people just don't get how to push the button, others are having the brick probably.

14. thenuke13

thenuke13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2011
    United States
    Hi, I am from North America and have had this problem since last week. I scoured some other forums (including this one) as well as Nintendos own help forums and found a few other people with this problem so I knew it was not isolated. I was actually able to get through to NOA help line and the only thing they offered me was to send it in for repair for $75 plus taxes. The representative and their supervisor assured me that there was no way the download could cause the problem, despite me telling them that others were experiencing the same thing.

I have been waiting to see how big this problem actually is before deciding what to do. Unfortunately I don't think this problem is widespread enough for Nintendo to admit that they are in the wrong and to repair/replace at users dsi's at no cost.

15. Thomas Harris

Thomas Harris Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Guatemala
    the same situation as I`ve been waiting because is really hard to see any other complaining about this...what im waiting for is if any person is able to create some program to boot up de DSi using a SD card and fix it cause as you say...this situation is not something Nintendo thinks is really their fault and I had like 20 or more games on my DSi....

16. VortexCZ

VortexCZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    i waiting too [​IMG]
    as i say before.. pandora battery, or something like that, would be helpful

17. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    i just tried downloading it. no problem, can't use it though, no 3DS, and virtually no DSiware either.

18. MSaki

MSaki GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    Destruction of this planet
    hmm i registered as soon as i saw this i noticed on my old dsi that the 3ds transfer app isnt under the data menu in settings so once its downloaded you cannot delete it... even when you format it stays on the menu and my dsi xl is getting that same error screen but i can get into the calibration menu via L+R+START ..... any ideas?

(and yes both dsi have it downloaded, but my dsi xl stopped at 83% and my other dsi was successful)

could be that it is linked to an essential part of the system so if its not complete it makes it corrupted

Thanks MSaki

19. Xiero

Xiero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I live in New Zealand, and the exact same thing happened to my DSi.
    I called Nintendo, but all they did was tell me to send it in for repairs. So pissed off [​IMG]

20. Lights

Lights Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2011
    United States
    Try taking out the SD card and then trying it, if it still doesn't work and the problem persists Nintendo suggests to call this number and tell them the problem: 1-800-255-3700

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted