Paka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pakasdollmaker.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been wondering about how long people will be able to play for before eye strain and headaches became an issue. I can't wait to see one in person to see if I can see the 3-D effect correctly-- my depth perception doesn't seem to work right and I've always had trouble with 3-D glasses and could never "see" the images in stereograms for the life of me. But I guess even if I can't I can just turn the effect off.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
while it may have no evidence to back up those points. i suffer from this binocular dysphoria a bit, after watching fly me to the moon 3-D (last year i suppose) i felt a bit dizzy after watching the film and it feels a bit weird after the 3-D experience (same with 3-D tv)

Sressiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm buying a 3DS anyway
laugh.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember a similar scare when 3D games (as in games which used 3D models) started to come out, and in particular virtual relality. The theory then was that you were looking at what you thought were 3D objects, but because they were only being shown on a 2D display your brain didn't get the two different images it was expecting. Also, you were focusing on an object that looked like it was was in the distance, but it was actually only arms length from your face, which would mean your eyes would get all wacked out or something.

Now people are worrying about the opposite.

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
I remember a similar scare when 3D games (as in games which used 3D models) started to come out, and in particular virtual relality. The theory then was that you were looking at what you thought were 3D objects, but because they were only being shown on a 2D display your brain didn't get the two different images it was expecting. Also, you were focusing on an object that looked like it was was in the distance, but it was actually only arms length from your face, which would mean your eyes would get all wacked out or something.

You play your handheld games with your hands extended?
gba.gif

This time, it's a little (a lot) different since the brain actually perceives depth. But 2D screens can and do cause myopia if you play too much.
But all that I just said should only be a consequence if you play too much.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
BlueStar said:

gba.gif

Where did I say the scare about the first three-dimensional games referred to handheld games? The first polygon based games were on home consoles and PCs.

metamaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
metamaster said:
BlueStar said:

gba.gif

Where did I say the scare about the first three-dimensional games referred to handheld games? The first polygon based games were on home consoles and PCs.
oh, sorry, I though you were referring to the 3DS

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D