drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT 2: SOLVED! I solved it myself, but that's beside the point. If anyone is having this same problem, just insert the R4 into your 3DS with a folded piece of paper on top of where the label is on the cart. That should fix it!

Hello,

I currently have an O3DSXL, and whenever I pop in my R4i card which is compatible with 3DS, the system crashes. Also, when the cart is inserted, my system fails to start up. Please help!

EDIT: Added video to help explain my problem.

Last edited by drewby,

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh me no... maybe because I have the twl_firm patch.
Try removing it and reinstalling normal TWL_FIRM. That's what I did but it still doesn't work. Maybe you will have some luck.

Reactions: nooby89

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When the 3DS has a really hard time detecting a cart, it starts to freeze. Try rigorously cleaning.
Pretty much this.

Also, the R4i doesn't fit in that snugly to the 3DS' card slot (at least for the 3DSXL/N3DSXL in my experience), so make sure you're inserting the card 'straight' so that the connectors align.

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personnaly I tried two methods (paper method and breath method) and it's doesn't work.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I currently have an O3DSXL, and whenever I pop in my R4i card which is compatible with 3DS, the system crashes. Also, when the cart is inserted, my system fails to start up.
Another thing I should ask, do you have a DSi/DS Lite or another 3DS that you can use to test the R4i? It could possibly be broken.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I currently have an O3DSXL, and whenever I pop in my R4i card which is compatible with 3DS, the system crashes. Also, when the cart is inserted, my system fails to start up. Please help!

What kind of R4i card is it? And does it work with other consoles such as the DSi of original DS?

Also if its a R4i Gold cart then I could perhaps help as the rom is probably corrupted when in a 3DS

@nooby89
Is yours an R4I Gold? If so I know why your flash cart is not recognized in the 3DS.

Last edited by Boured,

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Another thing I should ask, do you have a DSi/DS Lite or another 3DS that you can use to test the R4i? It could possibly be broken.
The card works on my original DS and my DSi, but not my 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What kind of R4i card is it? And does it work with other consoles such as the DSi of original DS?

Also if its a R4i Gold cart then I could perhaps help as the rom is probably corrupted when in a 3DS

@nooby89
Is yours an R4I Gold? If so I know why your flash cart is not recognized in the 3DS.
It's a R4i Dual Core 2015.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card works on my original DS and my DSi, but not my 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a R4i Dual Core 2015.

Is there perhaps a compatibility patch on the R4i Dual Core's Website? The R4i Gold has one so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to ask. It seems your card can't be recognized in the 3DD for some reason probably due to compatibility.

By patches I mean a nds rom you run from a system it does work on to flash the new rom to the cart?

Find your card here and download the upgrade firmware, run the nds on a system that works and let it install, then try putting it in your 3ds.
http://www.r4isdhc.com.cn/download.asp

Be careful, as if you install the wrong one you may make it not function even on the working system.

Last edited by Boured,

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there perhaps a compatibility patch on the R4i Dual Core's Website? The R4i Gold has one so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to ask. It seems your card can't be recognized in the 3DD for some reason probably due to compatibility.

By patches I mean a nds rom you run from a system it does work on to flash the new rom to the cart?

Find your card here and download the upgrade firmware, run the nds on a system that works and let it install, then try putting it in your 3ds.
http://www.r4isdhc.com.cn/download.asp

Be careful, as if you install the wrong one you may make it not function even on the working system.
I am unable to click the download button for the Firmware upgrade.

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
For the Game Card, try a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol or damp water. Game Cards are water resistant, but make sure to dry it before you put it back in.

You probably don't need to clean the slot if other games work fine.
I tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, still did nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning