• Views 412,395
  • Replies 1,197
  • Likes 104

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. I tried install vJoy as it told me i should, but it didn't work. When i tried later with an older version it worked. Install the vJoy version 2.0.4 080714 and then it the circle pad will work!

Ok so I tried this and it did the same thing... and then I clicked the "Enable" checkbox on the SNES9X input config window and removed the check and then it let me set the keys like normal... I re-enabled the box and it works in the emulator lol. Weird.

Tarra.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to have homebrew on the 3DS to make this work?
I've been trying to get this to work for a few minutes, did what the readme says and I have no idea what I'm doing.
Any help?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have to have homebrew on the 3DS to make this work?
I've been trying to get this to work for a few minutes, did what the readme says and I have no idea what I'm doing.
Any help?

You put the 3ds file on your GW/SKY card or install the CIA through Devmenu/BBM, and have the ini file in the 3DS folder in your big SD card root.
Then click 3dscontroller.exe, make sure the ip shown there is in the ini file on the 3ds big sd card)

then load the homebrew an it should work.

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've been loving this app, getting to play mugen and all types of fighting games with the 3ds as a wireless controller. But my thumb gets tired doing heavy inputs for fighting games. So I tried installing the vJoy using the included link in the readme file. Installed it, said no to turning testingmode back off (even tried saying yes to it after it failed too. still no luck). Idk why its not working. I can view the vJoy in game controller preferences in control panel but nothing responds whwn I move the circle pad.

The readme suggests all I have to do is install vjoy and everythibg should work fine but idk why vjoy is not detecting my circle pad. HELP PLEASE!! D:

D

Deleted User

Hey guys. I've been loving this app, getting to play mugen and all types of fighting games with the 3ds as a wireless controller. But my thumb gets tired doing heavy inputs for fighting games. So I tried installing the vJoy using the included link in the readme file. Installed it, said no to turning testingmode back off (even tried saying yes to it after it failed too. still no luck). Idk why its not working. I can view the vJoy in game controller preferences in control panel but nothing responds whwn I move the circle pad.

The readme suggests all I have to do is install vjoy and everythibg should work fine but idk why vjoy is not detecting my circle pad. HELP PLEASE!! D:

I had the same problem. What i did was i installed vJoy version 2.0.4 080714 and then the circle pad work.

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.5 released!

Here is the change log:
  • Updated for latest ctrulib compatibility,
  • Updated README to link to a compatible version of vJoy,
  • Fixed the "Tap" control to only fire when the keyboard is not active,
  • Added support for mapping buttons to the vJoy joypad as well as to keyboard keys (fixes support for programs like Dolphin), use by mapping a key to "JOY1", "JOY2", "JOY3", up to "JOY8",

To my knowledge, this addresses all of the problems that users have been reporting of version 0.4 and below. Unless I can one day be bothered to add screen streaming, this will probably be the final release.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You put the 3ds file on your GW/SKY card or install the CIA through Devmenu/BBM, and have the ini file in the 3DS folder in your big SD card root.
Then click 3dscontroller.exe, make sure the ip shown there is in the ini file on the 3ds big sd card)

then load the homebrew an it should work.
The way you said that it means that sky 3ds can run homebrew as long as it is in a .3ds file format?

D

Deleted User

When i try to start the program it say that libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing. It didn't say so before i updated to 0.5

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.5 released!

Here is the change log:

To my knowledge, this addresses all of the problems that users have been reporting of version 0.4 and below. Unless I can one day be bothered to add screen streaming, this will probably be the final release.

Yoshinavoid, you are awesome! Thanks for creating this and continually supporting it! My wireless gamepad recently broke so this is a life saver.

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same as rotebrotobias...
So I find the missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll on the net and then it say libstdc++-6.dll missing, the same way I find it and finally it say libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll missing...
With this 3 DLLs it works !

Anyway thank you YoshiInAVoid !

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i am using V0.5 and it works wonders on every emulator i tried it on except Dolphin as it won't allow me to use any of the buttons the Joypad how ever work so how do i use the other inputs?

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i am using V0.5 and it works wonders on every emulator i tried it on except Dolphin as it won't allow me to use any of the buttons the Joypad how ever work so how do i use the other inputs?
I will look into it soon, thanks for the report.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...