Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you saw already, but:
2010-06-153dspress1-41.jpg
"Now, if you would look to the right" and to the corner hiding the shoulder button is, you will see a white light, wifi power indicator?
6-15-10-3dscloseup20.jpg
And on this side, you can see another small translucent square that shares the same led for the wifi(right above it, too)
Not crazy about black plate that surrounds the upper screen, or the scratch/scuff magnet it will end up becoming
mellow.gif

My brother's friends are there, even got the new xbox ;-;
Now, It's 5.18am and I no sleep yet, so..good morning?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Omega_2-

I think in the first pic, that white light is just a shine reflection from the light source. I don't think that's any sort of system light. That's just me though.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow.
Am I the only one who actually thinks that the black one doesn't look that good?

But, it might just be because I prefer the blue one.
It looks absolutely stunning.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know. I love the idea of the 3DS but the way it looks when its closed looks like duce and the game boxes look bad. Why is the 3DS on the other side? Defy all reason will you nintendo!?

EDIT i may end up waiting for a second version. The 3DS lite. Or maybe the 3DSi.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
granville said:
@Omega_2-

I think in the first pic, that white light is just a shine reflection from the light source. I don't think that's any sort of system light. That's just me though.
It was shown in the commercial, actually, at the point where they said the 3DS would automatically search for other 3DS's. It's an indicator of whether the searching function is on or not, I guess.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
granville said:
My old DS was the Cobalt Blue/Black DS Lite-

nintendo-ds-lite-cobalt-blue.jpg

I hope they make a 3DS in a similar color. I like an electric blue/black motif.
So do I. Originally the light blue model looked darker, and I'd like one in a shade of darker blue, like this picture.

And I believe the hinge light is actually a light. Look at the photo of the red one in the case and you can probably make out a small mark where the light was.

G

GentleFist

isabelyes said:
Wow.
Am I the only one who actually thinks that the black one doesn't look that good?

But, it might just be because I prefer the blue one.
It looks absolutely stunning.

i dont like the black one at all, but i also dont like how the upper part is black and doesnt fit the lower
but im still not willing to buy a black one since its boringg

E: wooow just looked at the pictures..~~

i wanted to get the blue one but the purple one is sooo amazing~ its set

but i hate how the 3ds looks so fat and not slim at all... but thats probably on purpose so they can sell newer lite etc versions

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
the notch is probably to prevent 3ds games from being inserted into: DS, DSL, DSi, DSiXL
That's what I was going to say. I don't think they have to use a hardware switch like on the GBA for GBC games (that's kind of a different situation, where it needed different voltages and so on).

ZeroGwafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
spikey-green.jpg

I want the 3DS in green, like this. (Thanks Zarcon for the sexiness brought to life by your photoshop).

Please Nintendo, give this color to me. I'll love you forever.
wub.gif

OMG DO WANT!

I swear, if that is a launch color, first day purchase guaranteed! Oh who am I kidding, it's gonna be a day one purchase regardless....

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, i really think they ought to stop the components from jutting out so much, but i really love the colours! (especially red
wink.gif
) the placement of the heaphone port is dumb though. also am i the only one mad about the fact that the 3d screen is so much larger? also they NEEEEEED! to choose between a D-Pad and an analog stick. PLEASE only one!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Envido32 said:
looking closely I noticed 2 things

1) Wheres the microphone?
2) Is the power input the same of the DSi?
Microphone is underneath and to the right of the start button.

Looks the same, except the top corners look a little more triangular rather than rounded. It's still 4.6V

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely going for the orange!

I love the cartridge design, but the boxes look really similar to the current DS ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol