3ds aluminum case - are they worth getting

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DSdonkey77, May 20, 2011.

May 20, 2011
  1. DSdonkey77
    OP

Member DSdonkey77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  2. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I have a red aluminum case of the same design as the one you linked to.

I love it :-) but I will point out two problems with it, the first is you cannot use the 3DS dock with this on, the second is when the 3DS is open it is nearly impossible to get the stylus out, you need to half-close the 3DS to get it.

As for wether or not it will fit in that case in your second link I wouldn't know for sure, but the aluminum shell does increase the size of the 3DS notably so I would say it's unlikely.

3. DSdonkey77
    OP

Canada
    Okay, I will probably order it, as worst case senerio I lose 4 bucks. are they hard to geton/off though? [​IMG]

4. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    I have the red one too. [​IMG]

the only regret i have is that I cant use the charging dock, which is very useful for me.
    Now, when you connect the charger to the back of the 3DS, the 3DS doesnt open properly. It clicks, but doesnt open fully.

It is easy to get on/off.

Also, the first few days, there was squeaking at the side of mine, probably just needed to break it in. but, now its all good.

5. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I hate the way they feel on your hands. Already stopped using mine.

6. DSdonkey77
    OP

Canada
    Ok, I think I'll wait on it a bit and see how the 3ds feels before hand, other than that, do you recommened I get screen protectors? I neve had them on my ds lite and didn't have an issue, and I suck at putting them on, but what do you think?

Thanks

7. nathancnc

Member nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    put a screen protector on the bottom screen, no point in putting one on the top screen.....and most top screen protectors make it look stupid

8. DSdonkey77
    OP

Canada
    ok, I don't want to put it on if it is at all avoidable though. Should I 100%?

Edit: I decided to buy it, worst case senerio I lose 4 bucks right? Also, does anyone know the best place to buy Hori screen protecters? Keep in mind I live in Canada. amzon.ca has em for 9.00, anywhere cheaper?

Thanks