DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm going to be getting a 3ds for my birthday in mid-june so I thouht I'd start ordering chinese accessories for it
smile.gif
. I already purchased this case:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT
as well as 2 styluses from priceangels. I'm just wondering if an aluminum case, like this:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
would be worth getting. Keep in mind I need it to fit in the case, anybody have experiences with these? Are they helpful?

Thanks

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I have a red aluminum case of the same design as the one you linked to.

I love it :-) but I will point out two problems with it, the first is you cannot use the 3DS dock with this on, the second is when the 3DS is open it is nearly impossible to get the stylus out, you need to half-close the 3DS to get it.

As for wether or not it will fit in that case in your second link I wouldn't know for sure, but the aluminum shell does increase the size of the 3DS notably so I would say it's unlikely.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jamesaa said:
I have a red aluminum case of the same design as the one you linked to.

I love it :-) but I will point out two problems with it, the first is you cannot use the 3DS dock with this on, the second is when the 3DS is open it is nearly impossible to get the stylus out, you need to half-close the 3DS to get it.

As for wether or not it will fit in that case in your second link I wouldn't know for sure, but the aluminum shell does increase the size of the 3DS notably so I would say it's unlikely.
Okay, I will probably order it, as worst case senerio I lose 4 bucks. are they hard to geton/off though?
unsure.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the red one too.
laugh.gif

the only regret i have is that I cant use the charging dock, which is very useful for me.
Now, when you connect the charger to the back of the 3DS, the 3DS doesnt open properly. It clicks, but doesnt open fully.

It is easy to get on/off.

Also, the first few days, there was squeaking at the side of mine, probably just needed to break it in. but, now its all good.

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I think I'll wait on it a bit and see how the 3ds feels before hand, other than that, do you recommened I get screen protectors? I neve had them on my ds lite and didn't have an issue, and I suck at putting them on, but what do you think?

Thanks

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put a screen protector on the bottom screen, no point in putting one on the top screen.....and most top screen protectors make it look stupid

DSdonkey77

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nathancnc said:
put a screen protector on the bottom screen, no point in putting one on the top screen.....and most top screen protectors make it look stupid
ok, I don't want to put it on if it is at all avoidable though. Should I 100%?

Edit: I decided to buy it, worst case senerio I lose 4 bucks right? Also, does anyone know the best place to buy Hori screen protecters? Keep in mind I live in Canada. amzon.ca has em for 9.00, anywhere cheaper?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay