Hacking 3DS 7.x keys released

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's one thing I don't understand. (Well, there are many things I don't understand, but I can follow this particular thing to the point I have a question.)
It says here (http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/AES_Registers) that the keyX is console-unique. That means that every console has a different one, right? So, how can this leaked key be the one true 7.0 key?
Can anyone explain this particular point to me? I am really curious...

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly hope someone makes an emunand utility that doesn't require a 3ds mode flashcart to DRM it up and releases it sometime (I welcome anyone to tell me if such a thing exists already).

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uh hello can anyone tell what these keys are and ...uh...I can only read english:wacko: I am really confused

nothing of interest for the average user
they are needed to decrypt newer games and other things
basically those people, who need the keys, already had them, a public release wasn't necessary for the average user, the leaker just wanted to get fame with stolen data

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
To those asking about a flashcart free method of rom loading or CFW, the new keys won't allow that. They would only allow decrypting 7.x games and/or running them on said rom loader if it had existed.

The real reason one does not exist right now is due to the fact that there isn't anyone out there with coding knowledge who has the balls to do it and release it. It's been technically possible since the 4.5 kernel exploit. Why in god's name we still need to use a flashcart in this day in age with a system that's been fully hacked on 4.5 firmware is beyond me. We didn't have this problem with the DS or the Wii.

The DS doesn't have the ram/storage space to run roms without a flashcart, but it didn't have all the drama in the dev scene that the 3DS has had. The Wii wasn't as secure, but it still managed to get a hardware free method of homebrew/ISO loading. It's a damn shame really.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why in god's name we still need to use a flashcart in this day in age with a system that's been fully hacked on 4.5 firmware is beyond me. We didn't have this problem with the DS or the Wii.

It only really picked up momentum when the NDS encryption was cracked. And that was because it had a POOR implementation. The implementation this time around was GOOD. Before hacking NDS encryption we had to run unsigned code through the GBA CPU instructions, which is why all 1st gen NDS flashcarts were slot-2. If the NDS had released without a GBA slot, we'd've been screwed for quite a while. It's the same with the 3DS, we are abusing its backward compatibility with its predecessor to write a corrupt setting that otherwise would be impossible through the signed software AND its encrypted settings.

We will only get back to the same cracking stage as the NDS if the 3DS encryption is ever cracked. And unless the implementation is bad(doesn't look that way so far) or a Nintendo PRIVATE key leaks, this will be impossible.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got your comment the wrong way round, I mean, its the same as it should be "We will win the war but they will win the battle" visa versa, Google it if your not sure what I mean. Don't worry about it.

I worded it wrong, yes, what I meant is we need to get to the point where we no longer have to spend money on pricey flashcards but instead relying on free soft mods, that's all.....ah dammit.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work