Hacking 3DS 7.x keys released

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all r selfish dev like , well his name starts with 's' ;)

Um, dude, that's not necessary. He stated that he is going to release it, I've been following his Twitter and YT channels and I assure you there is substantiated proof, it just won't allow people to load ROMs, that's it. I don't get why people hate him so much, the hate is very unwarranted.

Reactions: Zidapi and NEP

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kew the "big daddy" (Private keys) wern't leaked but still good in a sense now Gateway qill have competition again no need to monopilize the 3DS flash cart biz share the love gateway

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, dude, that's not necessary. He stated that he is going to release it, I've been following his Twitter and YT channels and I assure you there is substantiated proof, it just won't allow people to load ROMs, that's it. I don't get why people hate him so much, the hate is very unwarranted.

not smealum

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this bring up the possibility for rom translations for the 3ds? :O

If they are just useful to decrypt the games, no. To do a translation, you have to be able to recrypt the game to make it works on the 3DS. Except if the gateway can run a decrypted rom, but if it does, you would already have seen some translations test.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If they are just useful to decrypt the games, no. To do a translation, you have to be able to recrypt the game to make it works on the 3DS. Except if the gateway can run a decrypted rom, but if it does, you would already have seen some translations test.
i can run "repacked" games, but its not exactly user friendly atm.....works on some games not on others
Why ? We have the keys!
they are 7.x decryption keys not some magical CFW unlock key...these are independent of CFW but would be useful for loading 7.x encrypted content within a CFW

plus its not really a CFW, as it wouldn't really be flashed to the 3DS it would be launcher based or emunand depending on who/how it would theoretically be made

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need more than just be able to use repacked games to do a translation anyway (if you want to do a good one, at least) so even with a perfect repacking/easy-to-do, it wouldn't be enough.

The second vital thing you need is an emulator to easily/quickly test your modifications, and better than that if possible, an emulator with debugging functions to be able to analyze the game code.

And I don't think there are yet emulators that run most of the games, even without debugging functions.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
But... even if they could reach latest emunand with these keys... are clones getting anything out of this ? they disabled emunand for some reason , don't think they are going to enable it now with these keys.. and that means the games that need 7.x+ won't work on clones ( no smash) , and also they won't have nand saving anyways . The only flashcard I could see taking benefit of them would be mt card.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You need more than just be able to use repacked games to do a translation anyway (if you want to do a good one, at least) so even with a perfect repacking/easy-to-do, it wouldn't be enough.

The second vital thing you need is an emulator to easily/quickly test your modifications, and better than that if possible, an emulator with debugging functions to be able to analyze the game code.

And I don't think there are yet emulators that run most of the games, even without debugging functions.
there isnt emulators that run any of the games :P
But... even if they could reach latest emunand with these keys... are clones getting anything out of this ? they disabled emunand for some reason , don't think they are going to enable it now with these keys.. and that means the games that need 7.x+ won't work on clones ( no smash) , and also they won't have nand saving anyways
they disabled emunand as they couldn't use it anyway as the newer FW's are 7.x encrypted....see 7.x decryption would resolve that....in fact i dont think MT even removed emunand

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
there isnt emulators that run any of the games :P

they disabled emunand as they couldn't use it anyway as the newer FW's are 7.x encrypted....see 7.x decryption would resolve that

I think they disabled it before the version that required the keys enabled was released lol..

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me.. but what do these keys or the so called 7.x keys do anyway? I really have no idea because.. well, I ain't a Gateway user (unless this key can actually be helpful for OFW users). I just want to know any kind of information on what it does or so. I'm totally clueless here _@

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can run "repacked" games, but its not exactly user friendly atm.....works on some games not on others

they are 7.x decryption keys not some magical CFW unlock key...these are independent of CFW but would be useful for loading 7.x encrypted content within a CFW

plus its not really a CFW, as it wouldn't really be flashed to the 3DS it would be launcher based or emunand depending on who/how it would theoretically be made

thought it was the master key

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I think they disabled it before the version that required the keys enabled was released lol..
4.0b1 was released 2014-05-29, 7.2 which was where emunand became fairly pointless as eshop was encrypted was released 2014-05-13, that was when they last dropped emunand and didnt add it back in 4.0b2
thought it was the master key
nope

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you're mistaken; there's more than 1 "key" for the 3ds; this one in particular is the KeyX of keyslot 25.

still isn't the keyscrambler or the KeyY for keyslot 25.

read more on the AES registers before you make a fool of yourself again
There's one thing I don't understand. (Well, there are many things I don't understand, but I can follow this particular thing to the point I have a question.)
It says here that the keyX is console-unique. That means that every console has a different one, right? So, how can this leaked key be the one true 7.0 key?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own both MT and GW so it will be nice to have MT up to snuff.

As far as GW cut and run, at some point that will happen as 4.5 units will be no longer. I propose they do 'paid' keycode updates when that time comes as I would rather pay $10 for a 9.x update when it comes then noy get it.

As for some others 'frustration' over Smea and never releasing....learn to code or learn to wait. I could atually care less about homebrew on 3DS......the architecture is all wrong to really be a good EMU or media machine. GW has given me almost everything I could want with RF, Emunand,multirom,online play with spoofed headers, zero key for homebrew or repacked roms, cart dumping, save game dumping........think about where this started last fall.

The only think I would like is some save decrypt/encrypt tools so we could change header info in saves and resign newer saves to work with 4.5 so we could use with GW.....

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS, with a soft mod that enables custom firmware? That's a good one.

You're the guy that called me out saying that I was trying to cheat with the gateway when I requested the gateway team to release online support for the jap version for smash for all regions... "Too bad, we don't want you cheating with the GW3DS on this game."

" "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1