MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
To those asking about a flashcart free method of rom loading or CFW, the new keys won't allow that. They would only allow decrypting 7.x games and/or running them on said rom loader if it had existed.

The real reason one does not exist right now is due to the fact that there isn't anyone out there with coding knowledge who has the balls to do it and release it. It's been technically possible since the 4.5 kernel exploit. Why in god's name we still need to use a flashcart in this day in age with a system that's been fully hacked on 4.5 firmware is beyond me. We didn't have this problem with the DS or the Wii.

The DS doesn't have the ram/storage space to run roms without a flashcart, but it didn't have all the drama in the dev scene that the 3DS has had. The Wii wasn't as secure, but it still managed to get a hardware free method of homebrew/ISO loading. It's a damn shame really.

I have the balls to release one, but I don't know any programming languages beyond BASIC for the C64 and Apple IIe.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
So many direspectful people it's unbelievable.

if you've been around for any length of time, you realize that people with good intentions (and marvelous brains) don't always deliver what they claim they will. You have to learn how to patiently wait for the results without becoming frustrated.

The first aha! moment is easy (relative to the end goal), but it's hard (very hard!) to complete the last 10% and deliver.

I'm guilty myself, on a lot of projects. As an example, I got Neo Geo homebrew going, with a demo and a couple of quick documents, but Jeff Kurtz developed a library that simplified development and Charles McDonald really put the effort into documenting all of the stuff needed to develop on the Neo Geo. I can substitute four or five other homebrew scenes, where other people really put the effort into making homebrew happen. I never made the push to really make it accessible to others.

It's fun figuring out stuff, but it becomes work when you have to tidy it up and make it work on every system available.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is this any useful for people who own a clone cart and can't run 7.x games?

edit: judging by some replies, I guess not :/
yeah it is useful.....just not to the end user, the responsibility to use the key will need to come from the clone devs to implement it into their FW properly......which really shouldn't be too hard for them seeing as they have the source code of the decryptor to see exactly how to do that too, it shouldn't be too long before MT&co get 7.x decryption

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if R4/3dslink/orange 3ds will get it. Last update said, no monster hunter 4 patch, because of memory limitations. If they couldn't fit the mh4 fix into whatever space they are working with, will they be able to add keys.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
weak argument! The Nintendo announces another new ''big release'' and he will delay again and the cycle repeats endlessly !
That's because he wants everyone to enjoy his exploit but he doesn't want it to be removed before anything important happens like the new 3ds coming to USA and EU.I'd say just give him time, from what I see he's a cool guy that doesn't go "oh they just called me shit, I won't release it anymore".I kinda respect him for replying with the same or even better.

Also if he actually wants somebody dead what's the big deal? Everyone whants somebody dead.Hatred is strong in this world

Reactions: Margen67

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because he wants everyone to enjoy his exploit but he doesn't want it to be removed before anything important happens like the new 3ds coming to USA and EU.I'd say just give him time, from what I see he's a cool guy that doesn't go "oh they just called me shit, I won't release it anymore".I kinda respect him for replying with the same or even better.

Also if he actually wants somebody dead what's the big deal? Everyone whants somebody dead.Hatred is strong in this world

Hi there ! He said won't wait for US release , however it's been two months from his initial announcement. this guy changes his mind all the time.

bold part: very weak argument

The End !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1