Gaming .360 file extensions

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently aquired a flashed 360, and up to now every game ive burnt has been a .dvd and a .000 file. Easily enough, i just burn with imgburn and have had 100% success. Now i have another game, which has the file extension .360. Ive read numourous tutorials but im just not exactly sure what im supposed to do with them to get them into a state where i can write them properly onto dvd. Im not intrerested in patching it here there and everywhere for xbox live, its purely for solo use offline. Can anyone, in simpleton terms explain what i need to do? If its any help, its Call Of Duty 2 (Pal version)

Cheers

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
You need another file that has the .BIN extension.
If your file is called COD2.360, the BIN file should be called COD2.BIN
It's the SS (for "security sectors" I think) of the ISO. A very small file usually, a few kilobytes...

Once you have both .360 and .bin, you need a SS patcher (I don't know any tbh). Patch the .360 with the .bin and you'll get a burnable .iso

I had to do that for Gears of war IIRC

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think its a .cue file. You need that so it tells the burner were to split the file on the DVD R9. Its always the same setting so its just a question of looking at an old .cue file and changing the file name to the .360 file you want to burn. The game may have had the .ss bin and everything put in already, some groups did that and forgot to include the .cue file.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know where to split the file on dvd9s, im assuming its the same layer break for all of the games. I have to patch the .360 file with an ss file or something, i just dont exactly know what this is and how to make one or find one etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.