Homebrew [33c3] Console Hacking 2016 (3DS/WiiU) talk Dec 27-30: smea, derrek, nedwill, naehrwert

What will Santa Hax bring us this year?

• Slowhax (arm11 kernelhax)

Votes: 184 32.1%
  • Soundhax (free primary userland sploit)

Votes: 183 31.9%
  • Bootrom dump method !!

Votes: 166 28.9%
  • Something more awesome than the above.

Votes: 156 27.2%
  • Something nice for the WiiU

Votes: 178 31.0%
  • Nothing. Ninty will banhammer: 001-1337 "Your use of this speech has been restricted by Nintendo"

Votes: 80 13.9%
  • This checkbox pleases me

Votes: 152 26.5%
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Votes: 92 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hiding an 11.2 arm9 exploit up your sleeve or is there something I don't know?
i'm not... but this is definitely not the only way; if you get rw access to the firm partitions, you can install it pretty much easily. nfirm downgrading doesn't have much to do with that.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
otp dumping via 2.1 downgrade, sighax and the usual k9lh setup ain't gonna be fixed unless there's a new hardware revision.

2.1 downgrade isn't possible just by overwriting FIRM AFAIK.

We're talking about the same siuation, right? Taking an unhacked console on a future update that blocks NFIRM downgrades to persistent ARM9 code execution.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
2.1 downgrade isn't possible just by overwriting FIRM AFAIK.

We're talking about the same siuation, right? Taking an unhacked console on a future update that blocks NFIRM downgrades to persistent ARM9 code execution.
nfirm downgrading is already blocked on 11.0+ tho. and anyway you just need an arm9 sploit lol

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
nfirm downgrading is already blocked on 11.0+ tho. and anyway you just need an arm9 sploit lol

I'm not talking about downgrading NFIRM in software, I mean DSiWare/NAND mod, from 11.x to 10.4.
That can be blocked by fixing the version check. And after that I don't see a route to obtaining arm9 exec.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not talking about downgrading NFIRM in software, I mean DSiWare/NAND mod, from 11.x to 10.4.
That can be blocked by fixing the version check. And after that I don't see a route to obtaining arm9 exec.
exploiting p9 is a way lol
and tbh i don't really care about the hw methods, i think they're just boring methods

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
exploiting p9 is a way lol

If that had been done after 9.3 downgrading would mercifully have never become a thing :P

and tbh i don't really care about the hw methods, i think they're just boring methods

I think we're approaching this from different angles. It seems like you're looking at what the technically interesting exploits are but right now I'm just trying to determine what the opportunities for newcomers who want to hack their consoles in the future will be.

Not that I'm a latefag, or that I want more of them to show up. Just curious.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If that had been done after 9.3 downgrading would mercifully have never become a thing :P

I think we're approaching this from different angles. It seems like you're looking at what the technically interesting exploits are but right now I'm just trying to determine what the opportunities for newcomers who want to hack their consoles in the future will be.

Not that I'm a latefag, or that I want more of them to show up. Just curious.
no learning from this + mostly only for piracy actually... (and i'm not saying that people aren't using arm9 exploits and k11 downgrading for piracy, do not misunderstand me)
hacking the 3ds hw side is kind of easy and not very fun at all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello