DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so what is the best option here....stay on 3.3v2....or update it to 4.0
yes i already have homebrew and the ios60 and Cios 10 thingy's (is there something missing just tell me)

D

Deleted-171178

if your feeling dangerous downgrade to 3.2 (not reccomended) or safe update to 4.0

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you're on 3.3 then do this (IT WONT BRICK YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME lol)

have HBC Installed
cIOS_rev9 or higher installed (since you have 10 you're fine)
update via nintendo! (yes, that way no IOS is missed out)
install preloader 0.29 (patches IOS60 for you so you can play unofficial channels through SD Menu)

and if you want backup games through disc channel, install the latest cIOSCORP before you install preloader. and you can also install mios Xi for backup cube games, but you can install that whenever you want
smile.gif

if anyone says it's dangerous they are a n00b.

and could some one just tell me, does downgrader 1.11 not install IOS60 when using it to upgade from a lower firmware?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
3.3v2 is a pain because of all that IOS16 crap.

I'm on v1. But I mean.. why do you want to update? I never intend to; I like my system menu as it is, and I can just install the IOS of the new versions. The only reason I'd upgrade is for faster SD writing.

DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i saw a guide on yafaze.com/4.0updateguide
and i did followed that guide and came in contact with one of the members in this forum and he told me you dont have to instal preloader and cIOSCORP

EDIT: i forgot to say this but i have a modchip

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
darkbillie said:
so anyways...preloader and cIOSCORP are only usefull if you dont have a modchip?

cIOSCORP yes, preloader no it's system menu hacks system is very flexible and allows some usefull features for modchip and corp users (mainly region free and blocking updates), and even if your chip supports region free discs, it won't help with channels.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand well I need to be sure that I have HomeBrew Channel and CIOS rev7 or higher already installed.
Then install IOS60 (I do not know why) and let Wii do 4.0 update using the internet connection test in the Wii system settings (as an alternative I can use Waninkoko's 4.0 updatater).
I can also install cIOSCORP (I do not know why) and preloader 0.29 (to replace Starfall).
I can run now DVD backups on gamma loader (002fixed) as well as isos from 500GB USB HD through USB loader.
Is the mentioned upgrade to 4.0 any danger to the mentioned current ability to load DVD backups and iso-through-USB backups?

DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dont think its any danger....but hey what do i know xD but about the instal thing i think thats about all you need...

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
update via nintendo! (yes, that way no IOS is missed out)

You're better off updating with Waninkoko's 4.0 updater. Updating through Nintendo is never recommended, and you will not miss ANYTHING with Waninkoko's tool.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiistarter said:
I went the nintendo way and everything is fine...

No one said that updating through Nintendo means screwing up. But Waninkoko's updater is much, much safer, thus is better suited for our... special interests
wink.gif

DrFiishy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive seen the ultimate guide but isnt there a diffrent way to update with the waninkoko's when you ahve a modchip in it?

EDIT: is it also if you instal waninkoko's update you also will be able to go to the orginal nintendo update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission