so98ja

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi Big Moe!
Thanks for your answers
tongue.gif

In fact, when I try these 2 parts of the HBC, I always have a freeze of the wii (I need to take the power cord from the Wii and put it on to be able to restart it)
- cIOS channel installer : when I choose it, I see the screen with the warinng. I have ti push on button A, but nothing happens and my wiimote reacts as the wii is off
- install shop: I do not see the 3rd point (say no to the Wii Shop Channel)
afterwards I installed the gamma launcher channel but my backup game does not work
frown.gif
(the Wii
With any other I could use the HOME button of the wiimote to come back to the main menu
Any idea????

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
so98ja said:
Hi Big Moe!
Thanks for your answers
tongue.gif

In fact, when I try these 2 parts of the HBC, I always have a freeze of the wii (I need to take the power cord from the Wii and put it on to be able to restart it)
- cIOS channel installer : when I choose it, I see the screen with the warinng. I have ti push on button A, but nothing happens and my wiimote reacts as the wii is off
- install shop: I do not see the 3rd point (say no to the Wii Shop Channel)
afterwards I installed the gamma launcher channel but my backup game does not work
frown.gif
(the Wii
With any other I could use the HOME button of the wiimote to come back to the main menu
Any idea????
don't use cios channel installer , use Wad Manager v1.3 , and try your installs again from scratch , then post the result
wink.gif

so98ja

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am back with an install from scratch:
- starfall did not work ! (freeze of the wii)
- I used WAD MAnager instead of cIOS manager and chose the IOS 257
-> still black screen when I used the gamma backup launcher
Tried once again and afterwards STARFALL could be used.

lord_galathon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This solved my problem loading backups as I had 3.3U installed and I was under the impression that the 0.3 loader would work with it.

GUESS NOT!

Problem solved thanks to a great how-to.

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a question. If I am on 3.4 and I have done this:

QUOTE said:
[STEP 1] [Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

So I have done the above. Do I still need to do this?:

QUOTE[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you are NOT on version 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lourens said:
Just a question. If I am on 3.4 and I have done this:

QUOTE said:
[STEP 1] [Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
**Note: This is NOT the same as the cIOS downgrader. The cIOS downgrader allows you to upgrade or downgrade to the ideal firmware
version which is 3.2. The reason 3.2 is so popular is partially because versions after this one had the Trucha bug fixed, and almost
as importantly ver 3.2 is required to run Starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a

So I have done the above. Do I still need to do this?:

QUOTE[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you are NOT on version 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a

Yes sir, you still need to perform the other steps (if yuor intention is to get starfall and gamma installed)

dudicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the straight forward tutorial, it is a great place to send noobs that want me to hack their wii
smile.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Followed this tut earlier and it worked flawlessly.

I have 4 wii's that i'm messing with atm (3.1-3.3v1 etc - all downgraded), but I was wondering if there was a way of doing this without having to be connected through wifi or otherwise?

Is there a method of having update files on the SD rather than downloading them?

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this has been covered and i'v missed it)

KiiWii

rekapo2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a small question. I am currently running on 3.1U. I've already installed HBC. If I've understood right, the "best" version is 3.2. Should I just run the "cIOS Downgrader" and let it do its magic? I've never upgraded my wii (it is chipped) Thanks for your help!

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rekapo2003 said:
Just a small question. I am currently running on 3.1U. I've already installed HBC. If I've understood right, the "best" version is 3.2. Should I just run the "cIOS Downgrader" and let it do its magic? I've never upgraded my wii (it is chipped) Thanks for your help!

3.2 Is the best because it is compatible with starfall, which helps you prevent bricking your wii. If you do not install wads, or you dont care for starfall bypassing disk updates then it is probably necessary.

If you dont care for any of that then it is okay to stick with 3.1

Shaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great installer. Very much to the point. I started with a 3.4 Wii and just followed the directions word for word and everything works great.

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot! For anyone else - The files have now been removed to comply with Hadrian's stickied request.

If you have trouble finding them you can PM me or add me to MSN and I will point you in the right direction.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lucky i just downloaded the pack a couple of hours ago. before it was removed. im in the middle of installing 3.2u from 3.3u. this is very similar to big moe's pack, but thenks just the same.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
slaphappygamer said:
lucky i just downloaded the pack a couple of hours ago. before it was removed. im in the middle of installing 3.2u from 3.3u. this is very similar to big moe's pack, but thenks just the same.
well you are lucky , cause you will not find my Big Moe's Installer v2 link at the moment as well
wink.gif

after some Installer Cleaning we Will be Up again
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EmperorOfCanada said:
Thanks a lot! For anyone else - The files have now been removed to comply with Hadrian's stickied request.

If you have trouble finding them you can PM me or add me to MSN and I will point you in the right direction.
and all the thanks goes to you Brother , with out your PM I would've known nothing about Hadrians Sticky so to you my Brother cheers
grog.gif

rekapo2003

Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
rekapo2003 said:

3.2 Is the best because it is compatible with starfall, which helps you prevent bricking your wii. If you do not install wads, or you dont care for starfall bypassing disk updates then it is probably necessary.

If you dont care for any of that then it is okay to stick with 3.1
Thanks for your help Emperor! So do you think I'm OK by only running the cIOS Downgrader to update to 3.2U and install Starfall? The name "downgrader" confuses me
smile.gif
.BTW, luckily I've donwloaded all the files yesterday..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.