Hacking 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrippey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a charm. If you follow the directions carefully, you should not have a problem. I updated then downgraded partially and started all over again and I am good. Now Playing Guitar Hero Word Tour (yes Wifey is happy).

Thanks people, you all rock

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just read your guide, and in the part where it says, 3.2U = Canada/USA, I think it should say America, all of it is "U" region...!!
smile.gif

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get it. Every time I try to play a burned game, it just doesn't work. The menu of the Gamma channel just comes back up again after I choose "Launch Game".

Does it matter what speed I run the burn at?

Unfraggable1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.3U, and I i installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad okay, then I tried to install cios_fix.wad, and got error (ret -1035). I then ran IOS Downgrader, and that worked okay. I'm afraid to try Starfall, since I got an error installing cios_fix.wad. Can anyone help me?

Gingy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
Gingy said:
I'm going to try InfraRecorder instead of IMGBurn. Hopefully, this works.
Imageburn DVD-r x4 speed and should be fine
smile.gif

I tried that and it still didn't work. D:

Two questions

1) It asks if I would like to delete the disc contents when it starts. Do I?

2) Does the product matter? Like, do I need a DVD-R from a specific company?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unfraggable1 said:
I'm on 3.3U, and I i installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad okay, then I tried to install cios_fix.wad, and got error (ret -1035). I then ran IOS Downgrader, and that worked okay. I'm afraid to try Starfall, since I got an error installing cios_fix.wad. Can anyone help me?

You wont be able to install starfall untill you have done the cIOS_downgrader. I wouldnt worry at this point. Try to install cios_fix again with Custom WM, if that doesnt work try it with Wad manager, if either works, just move on to cIOS downgrader, then starfall

punkelias

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks EmperorOfCanada i registered in this forum just to thank you, i had already tried a bunch of tutorials but just this one was useful for me to downgrade from 3.4U
grog.gif

iOryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.. no flaws / perfect downgrade and installation of HBC/Gamma!
Just to make it completely noob friendly, you should tell them to hit HOME to back out of the wad manager and other apps that are like that...

Mint Quality instructions though, major props.

hardwaregeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off huge kudos to EOC. I am very new to this Wii modding stuff but not new to IT/Technology stuff as i work in the biz. After purchasing a Wii for the wife several days ago the first thing I did was look online to see what was being done as far as modding goes for these consoles. I found a dizzying array of websites and threads on this and did a ton of reading about it....I also have to preface this by saying the first thing I actually did before researching was update to 3.4U (mistake #1). So then I started downloading all kinds of files and ios's and fixes etc...... I followed several different tutorials but was having some difficulty as many are somewhat vague and assume that everyone knows everything they know which is their biggest mistake when writing up a Step-By-Step. So I ended up here finally, did a bunch more reading/research. I was successful at downgrading but when I attempted to install WAD files using the Wad Manager it woud always error out. So out of desperation and a need to save my eyes from permanent LCD burn-in I contacted EOC. He was more than helpful and got me straightened out in about 5 min. I had to delete the 249 Cios to get the wads to install error free. I think this package is only for those who have not downgraded, EOC please correct me if I am wrong on this. As far as the DVD burning issues I have been seeing posted, you have to do some more research on burning game backups, I have not actually done this yet myself but there is some very specific instructions on how to do this successfully and it involves setting the book type of your DVD properly for the burn to work correctly. Also there seems to be some media issues although i am not completely clear on what those are but in my experience not all DVD media is created equal. So make sure to buy quality media to ensure the best possibility of error free burns. I am currently running 3.2U with HBC, WAD Manager 1.3, I have backup launcher installed but not sure yet how to utilize it but will work that out in the next few days. For those of you that are having issues you should be very greatful that guy's like EOC, DJTaz, Waninkoko (sp) etc. are doing what they do and you should give them huge thanks when they do assist. I personally waited till the last possible minute before requesting help, I usually can figure these things out but occassionally you run into a wall and need a hand. EOC bailed me out and I am very greatful indeed. Before you panic do some Googling and read ALL the info available most of the answers are already out there for you to find without having to ask the same questions over and over. A little time spent reading may save you a ton of time waiting for someone else to answer your question that more than likely has already been answered dozens of times already. Not trying to be a prick just trying to to tell everyone to exhaust all avenues before asking for help on the forums. Hope I didn't offend anyone but sometimes someone has to say something when it needs saying. Again EOC you are the MAN buddie, you bailed me out when i really needed it and i won't forget it!!! To the rest of the coders you amaze and astound me what you guy's do just blows my mind, my hat is off to you all, I know it isn't a big deal to you but is a big deal to me and many others out there and you all deserve a huge pat on the back if not a shot to the wallet.

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What is the difference to use cIOS Installer and by a wad of cios rev7. A wad seems safer when you have Starfall? Does it include all futures? I don't see how a WAD can install a IOS. And one more question, is a internet connecting a must in this tutorial, if so, I would say that in the tutorial.

Anyways, many respect to EmperorOfCanada, really really thanks. And of course the coders themselves!

so98ja

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Helllo!
Many thanks for this great tuto!
tongue.gif
I just updated my Wii to 3.4 when I saw it was possible to hack it without chip.
I followed the tuto and everything was ok until the downgrade, starfall has been installed but had some problems afterwards:
- cIOS channel installer : when I push on button A, nothing happens (I use my wiimote - my GC pad is dead). I think my wii freezes because always need to put the power cable out of the wii to come back to the main menu.
- when I go to "Install Shop IOS51", I only see the questions for instal IOS51 and the patch, after my confirmatin, I see the install of parts 1 to 15 done and nothing after...

So I think I'm nearly OK, but what did I wrong? even if I am with version 3.2E, Do I need to restart the whole process?

When I use the backup launcher, it does not work..
Thanks for your answers :-)

So98ja

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
so98ja said:
Helllo!
Many thanks for this great tuto!
tongue.gif
I just updated my Wii to 3.4 when I saw it was possible to hack it without chip.
I followed the tuto and everything was ok until the downgrade, starfall has been installed but had some problems afterwards:
- cIOS channel installer : when I push on button A, nothing happens (I use my wiimote - my GC pad is dead). I think my wii freezes because always need to put the power cable out of the wii to come back to the main menu.
- when I go to "Install Shop IOS51", I only see the questions for instal IOS51 and the patch, after my confirmatin, I see the install of parts 1 to 15 done and nothing after...

So I think I'm nearly OK, but what did I wrong? even if I am with version 3.2E, Do I need to restart the whole process?

When I use the backup launcher, it does not work..
Thanks for your answers :-)

So98ja
after the install is finished hit the home button and restart your wii ,then it should be done
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill