EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I havent bothered learning about both loaders because this one has worked well for people and I dont need it myself because I am chipped.

If something happens to make one clearly more advantageous over the other then I might consider including instructions for both.

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say this is a guide for a noob and is noob-proof. i have just completed it and only had a Wii for a day.

Brilliant guide.Hats off to the author EoC

Furter

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a couple of quick questions.

What would happen if you choose Yes to installing the shop channel while setting up IOS51? Just out of curiosity to see if the results were negative?

Also if IOS51 is installed already, will installing IOS16 around it cause any issues.

Thanks

Also thanks for the package of Wad's. Its nice to have the whole arsenal in one Zip.
smile.gif

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MainframeF4 said:
I had a couple of quick questions.

What would happen if you choose Yes to installing the shop channel while setting up IOS51? Just out of curiosity to see if the results were negative?
Good question really. I dont have an answer to this. The pir8 method just reccomended that way, so I kept it in mine. From what i understand it wont hurt anything to go ahead and say yes.

Also if IOS51 is installed already, will installing IOS16 around it cause any issues.
Dunno, doubt it

thegoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoo! I had to make an account just to thank you my man! I just bought a wii 3 days ago and upgraded like a moron without even knowing there was homebrew available.
Now! Let the (hopefully)non-bricking commence! Australia use the same systems as Europe right?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thegoron said:
Whoo! I had to make an account just to thank you my man! I just bought a wii 3 days ago and upgraded like a moron without even knowing there was homebrew available.
Now! Let the (hopefully)non-bricking commence! Australia use the same systems as Europe right?

Just still with whatever letter you are already on lol. If you are on 3.3E downgrade to 3.2E

Also thanks for the kind words, make sure you post again once you and done and we know its working.

have fun!

brandon199019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem..."cIOS Downgrader" doesn't show up on the HBC at all, it's not even in the download folder for the process. I'm a noob...help?

thegoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so it's all going well.
I got up to this point:
+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel.

It's been downloading and installing content #01 for about 40 minutes... I'm getting worried now. If I reboot to try again at this point there's a very large chance of bricking isn't there?

brandon199019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only App options I have are "Wad Manageer, Custom WM, IOS DOWNGRADER V.1.1, Custom IOS Downgrade, cIOS Installer, Shop Channel Install, apps/5.Starfall/boot.dol

So what do I so here then for step #2?
The Wii is currently version 3.4U

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
brandon199019 said:
The only App options I have are "Wad Manageer, Custom WM, IOS DOWNGRADER V.1.1, Custom IOS Downgrade, cIOS Installer, Shop Channel Install, apps/5.Starfall/boot.dol

Custom IOS Downgrade - cIOS downgrade

Sorry for the confusion

QUOTE(thegoron @ Nov 27 2008, 07:59 PM) Okay so it's all going well.
I got up to this point:

It's been downloading and installing content #01 for about 40 minutes... I'm getting worried now. If I reboot to try again at this point there's a very large chance of bricking isn't there?

Er. Are you still waiting or how did this turn out? Im pretty sure that if it froze for some reason it is safe to reset and try again.

thegoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
brandon199019 said:

Custom IOS Downgrade - cIOS downgrade

Sorry fot the confusion

QUOTE(thegoron @ Nov 27 2008, 07:59 PM) Okay so it's all going well.
I got up to this point:

Er. Are you still waiting or how did this turn out? Im pretty sure that if it froze for some reason it is safe to reset and try again.

Yeah I hard reset it and tried again. It got to a point where it said "Press any button to continue" but when I had a look it had an error during installing content #6 before this. And also a whole load of failed tickets above that...

thegoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: spelled range wrong, lol.

Okay not sure what did it, but I:

Turned off router and waited a while (made a cup of coffee)

Moved my wii to a room that was much closer to the router (rangemax my ass)

Formatted my SD card

Cleared my temp internet files on my PC and downloaded eoc.zip again and extracted it to my SD card

Moved my wii as close to the wireless router as possible and turned the router back on

Started from the very first step again and the
BLOODY IOS DOWNGRADER WORKED FINE.

Moving onto step 2 now.

Thank you to EmperorOfCanada and noobwarrior7 for you help in this difficult time.
bow.gif

D

Deleted User

EoC recommended me to post my problem here, so yeah.

(Please don't mind my grammar typing from wii using wii remote lol)

Here's the story, My converted japenese-to-english Wii is pre-chipped and came with HBC and Gecko OS pre-installed. I just got WAD Manager and tried to install two WADs but they all failed. Then EoC recommended me to take a look at this guide.

And here is what I did

1)I updated my Wii to 3.4U
(Not a mistake, intended to)
2)Installed IOS16 through WAD Manager
3)Tried to run cios_fix through Custom WM, failed.
4)Used cIOS_249_vsumthin, success.
5)Ran IOS Downgrader
6)Ran cIOS downgrader, failed
6.1)Installed a WAD, ok.
6.2)Played with the WAD for awhile.
7)Ran cIOS downgrader, success8)Ran cIOS installer, failed,
came error:
Installer returned -1
9)Ran Shop Channel Installer,
failed like above.
10)EoC told to get rid of IOS24911)Ran Anytitle Deleter, tried to delete IOS249, but returned error:
Failed to Uninstall ticket (No ticket?)
Error ret = -102

I got the 249 cIOS from here, Gbatemp.

Gecko OS loaded and ran fine, except Rebooter and Disaster:DoC, they failed. Starfall, when I pressed B+1, it said:
Failed
Exiting...

Current firmware read from System Menu: 3.2U
So far not even a single sign of a brick.

Before you ask, yes, I have all the WAD needed (Try to ask EoC) under the WAD folder which is in the root of my SD Card.

What should I do?

Would it help if I say that I usa FTPii to transfer files? If yes, then, yea, I used FTPii to transfer files (Even WADs)

And thanks in advance

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I run these downgraders and stuff will I have to reinstall the gamma loader and the revision 7 ios? Or since they are already there will they stay and not be overwritten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr