Hacking 3.0 update released on acekard website

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to update my 3ds to version 3.0.0 but i use acekard 2i.
is it true that when you update your version nintendo can block your flashcard and you cannot use it again?
i saw in the acekard [color=#009900 !important]website[/color] that they have release a [color=#009900 !important]new version[/color] compatible to version 3.0.0
can i update my acekard 2i using my 3ds only or do i need a ds?

help pls :)

What 3DS firmware are you running currently?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
do I need a DS to update my acekard2i for the latest 3ds 3.0? I dont have a DS. If there is way to update without DS, please do blast me with info. thanks!

although the following link's info need to be updated for this recent bootloader release, the steps contained within and the ideas they present remain the same.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

-another world

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
My updater keeps saying Update is canceled, reboot DS. immediately when it loads up... never gives me a chance to say yes. im using the 3ds update file for the 2.2 3ds. my card is a HW:8181, so it should be supported.

I am having the same issue, with the 2.1.0.4-U 3DS.

Edit: Fixed it by doing a full SD format.
Yes, full format helps.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfect for me as well. Updated 2 cards on a DSi that was not blocked. Then updated 3DS and DSiXL to latest dash. Inserted cards and presto, works great :)

3ds was updated previously with SMW3D. Obviously could not use that to update the Acekard

leonkennedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huuummm...

I have a Acekard 2i HW 81 with AKAIO 1.8.9, when I do this update for my 3DS on 3.0.0.5-E, Everything went well.
I have performed the firmware update for my Acekard by my blue NDS Tank.

100% done, no problem during the flash, BUT (because there is a but) when I launch my Acekard 2i (With Narnia icon on the dash) I have 2 white screens on my blue NDS Tank and on my 3DS I have 2 black screens with an error message...

My Acekard is dead? Is there a way to fix it or should I go through the box purchase...

Thank you for your reply

PS: I'm sorry for my poor english but I'm French

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see what's so 'inferior' about the HW44 cards.

Once again, 44'ers get no love.

different chipset. things change and they never even said they'd ever be able to upgrade their carts. i have at least 4 HW44s that are useless now but i won't yell at Acekard. They never even said ONCE that the card is updatable and "futureproof".

if you look at their site now they don't even say that.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Huuummm...

I have a Acekard 2i HW 81 with AKAIO 1.8.9, when I do this update for my 3DS on 3.0.0.5-E, Everything went well.
I have performed the firmware update for my Acekard by my blue NDS Tank.

100% done, no problem during the flash, BUT (because there is a but) when I launch my Acekard 2i (With Narnia icon on the dash) I have 2 white screens on my blue NDS Tank and on my 3DS I have 2 black screens with an error message...

My Acekard is dead? Is there a way to fix it or should I go through the box purchase...

Thank you for your reply

PS: I'm sorry for my poor english but I'm French
Make sure it's not a contact issue or micro sd card failure. Format your micro sd card using the panasonic sd formatter to try and fix it (Note: make sure you back everything in your msd up before formatting).

If neither of those work, you can attempt on reflashing your ak2i by swapping. You can only do this if you have another working flashcart, though. I assume your 'Tank' is an original, phat ds, so any flashcart will be fine.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My setup tends to automatically cancel whenever I update my cart, I've found using the paper trick to secure the connections works.

As for ID44, from what I've gathered it's likely limited in what it can do and hold compared to the other chips. Imagine that the update is a 250lb man, and while a normal 2i is a normal woman, the ID44 is a midget. And the man has to have sex with the cart.

See where I'm going with this?

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My setup tends to automatically cancel whenever I update my cart, I've found using the paper trick to secure the connections works.

As for ID44, from what I've gathered it's likely limited in what it can do and hold compared to the other chips. Imagine that the update is a 250lb man, and while a normal 2i is a normal woman, the ID44 is a midget. And the man has to have sex with the cart.

See where I'm going with this?
Rydian! D: There's nothing wrong with a big guy humping hard on a loli little midget girl. They're usually tighter too. :creep:

Anyways, I don't need a 250lb man humping on my virgin HWID44 coz I have a ds phat. :hateit:

Illidan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am new to flash cards and just purchased a 3DS and updated to the 3.0.05 firmware. Now i ordered a AceKard 2i and read that i need to update it. The problem is i only have a 3DS with the newest firmware. I read the update guide and it states i have to have a system with older firmware then the one i am trying to update to. Is there any other way beside waiting for Nintendo to update the 3DS again and then wait for the flash card to have a updated file. Also when that does happen can i use the card i will be receiving which will be updated to 2.1.04u on my 3DS with 3.0.05 to update card to newest firmware? (Example - 3.1)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to flash cards and just purchased a 3DS and updated to the 3.0.05 firmware. Now i ordered a AceKard 2i and read that i need to update it. The problem is i only have a 3DS with the newest firmware. I read the update guide and it states i have to have a system with older firmware then the one i am trying to update to. Is there any other way beside waiting for Nintendo to update the 3DS again and then wait for the flash card to have a updated file. Also when that does happen can i use the card i will be receiving which will be updated to 2.1.04u on my 3DS with 3.0.05 to update card to newest firmware? (Example - 3.1)
I don't understand. Trying really hard.
Too many different subjects and verbs, too few sentences. I'm bad at decrypting poor English when I'm drunk.

Acekard2i, when you receive it, if it does work, great.
If it isn't recognized, the only way to update the Acekard2i to work is to use a system with a previous, compatible firmware. Or DS Lite/Phat which doesn't have any flashcart blocking.
The way the update is performed is by launching a homebrew updater from www.acekard.com. You need a way for the flashcart to be launched or read for that to work.
By definition, that means that for future updates, you can perform updates yourself on your 3DS so long as you do it before updating the 3DS System Firmware.

--the best I can do

chinoxl21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, for some reason I cannot flash my acekard 2i. I've tried both fw files. When it tells me to reinsert the card and press b to continue, nothing happens. When I try the other file, it tells me to press start but nothing happens. Any suggestions. My 3DS is on the latest firmware update and so is my DSi. I really would like to get my card working! Thanks!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, for some reason I cannot flash my acekard 2i. I've tried both fw files. When it tells me to reinsert the card and press b to continue, nothing happens. When I try the other file, it tells me to press start but nothing happens. Any suggestions. My 3DS is on the latest firmware update and so is my DSi. I really would like to get my card working! Thanks!
Reinserting doesn't work on DSi/3DS systems, if you're using the "...NDSL.nds" file that is the wrong one to use on 3DS/DSi.

Illidan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry for the confusion. What i meant was lets say Nintendo updated the 3DS to 3.1 firmware in two weeks. The card i will be receiving will have firmware that works on 2.1.04u firmware. Will i be able to update the card with 2.1.04u to work with 3.1 firmware on my 3DS which is 3.0.05?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You won't be able to load the 2.1.04u-compatible Acekard on your 3DS which is 3.0.05 either.

edit: IF you get the current update installed, you would be able to install a future update on your current system, as long as you don't update 3DS System Firmware before updating the Acekard2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.