Homebrew 2DS Won't Boot On ALH9

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That happened to me shortly after I installed a9lh, but in my case it was just the micro SD card and the adapter that needed to be pulled out, and put back in again. (the micro SD out and in into the adapter, and the adapter out and in to the system). Worked perfectly for me since then. I hope you find out what's causing your stuff not to work!

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That happened to me shortly after I installed a9lh, but in my case it was just the micro SD card and the adapter that needed to be pulled out, and put back in again. (the micro SD out and in into the adapter, and the adapter out and in to the system). Worked perfectly for me since then. I hope you find out what's causing your stuff not to work!
idk even know im just gonna try and take it apart

Tristanand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the problem it turns out the metal part from the inside was not glued properly or I jus had to take out the battery and put it back in. thanks everyone for trying to help I really appreciate it

Attachments

• 13435955_628403833995698_1238797250_n.jpg
    13435955_628403833995698_1238797250_n.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: Quantumcat

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i need some assistance please. i guess it wd have to be someone who really knows a9lh....problem is like with these guys whose 3ds wont boot on a9lh. difference is i know why mine wont boot. its to see wether i can just reformat my sd card and do the complete process aqgain. its in relation sto what my 3ds is like now....this is still relative to the topic....i hope so....

Last edited by BothyBhoy,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i need some assistance please. i guess it wd have to be someone who really knows a9lh....problem is like with these guys whose 3ds wont boot on a9lh. difference is i know why mine wont boot. its to see wether i can just reformat my sd card and do the complete process aqgain. its in relation sto what my 3ds is like now....this is still relative to the topic....i hope so....
Not sure exactly what you're asking. All that's needed for A9LH to boot is arm9loaderhax.bin on a FAT32 SD. You say you know why it doesn't work, please elaborate.

Reactions: BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure exactly what you're asking. All that's needed for A9LH to boot is arm9loaderhax.bin on a FAT32 SD. You say you know why it doesn't work, please elaborate.
somehow my card got wiped and i was only left with the 3ds folder and one other file on my card. thats why my 3ds wont switch on.......i put a copy of an earlier backup which may not have been from the same 3ds....so now it boots into cakes......i just wondered if i start with a completely blank sd card .......can i go through the whole process again bearing in mind the state my 3ds is in now......thanks for any assistance....

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
somehow my card got wiped and i was only left with the 3ds folder and one other file on my card. thats why my 3ds wont switch on.......i put a copy of an earlier backup which may not have been from the same 3ds....so now it boots into cakes......i just wondered if i start with a completely blank sd card .......can i go through the whole process again bearing in mind the state my 3ds is in now......thanks for any assistance....
If you have already installed A9LH on the console, all you need is the arm9loaderhax.bin.

Here's the latest version of Luma. Download that archive, put the luma folder and arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of your SD and see if that works.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have already installed A9LH on the console, all you need is the arm9loaderhax.bin.

Here's the latest version of Luma. Download that archive, put the luma folder and arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of your SD and see if that works.
ok will try that .....if that works is it just a matter of installing a cia loader then i can install my games?????

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
that opens luma options selection screen......which ones do i select.....thanks you guys
  1. Use the A button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • "Autoboot SysNAND"
    • "SysNAND is updated"
    • "Force A9LH detection"
    • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
    • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
  2. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • Toggle "New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)" for improved game performance
  3. Press Start to save and reboot
Source

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Use the A button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • "Autoboot SysNAND"
    • "SysNAND is updated"
    • "Force A9LH detection"
    • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
    • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
  2. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • Toggle "New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)" for improved game performance
  3. Press Start to save and reboot
Source
worked a treat. i take it its booting into luma 3ds on sysnand???? what do i have to do now to install games.....homebrew.....themes etc.....thank you for all your assistance....

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
worked a treat. i take it its booting into luma 3ds on sysnand???? what do i have to do now to install games.....homebrew.....themes etc.....thank you for all your assistance....
Have you ever made a backup of your SysNAND? If not, that is the first thing you should do. Get Hourglass9. Download link here. Put that arm9loaderhax.bin file inside "luma/payloads" and name it start_Hg9.bin

Now when you start your console, if you hold Start, you'll end up in Hourglass9. Choose to backup your SysNAND. When that is done, put that file SAFELY on your PC. Upload it to a Google Drive / Dropox account or something too, it's VERY important to have a SysNAND backup. You need your own specific one.

Let me know when you're done.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you ever made a backup of your SysNAND? If not, that is the first thing you should do. Get Hourglass9. Download link here. Put that arm9loaderhax.bin file inside "luma/payloads" and name it start_Hg9.bin

Now when you start your console, if you hold Start, you'll end up in Hourglass9. Choose to backup your SysNAND. When that is done, put that file SAFELY on your PC. Upload it to a Google Drive / Dropox account or something too, it's VERY important to have a SysNAND backup. You need your own specific one.

Let me know when you're done.
ok thanks

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
nope that results in 3ds not booting at all....where do i put the file to load hourglass
What causes it to not boot?

Leave the luma arm9loaderhax.bin file in SD root, then put the arm9loaderhax.bin file you got in the Hourglass9 download in "SD/luma/payloads" and rename it to "start_Hg9.bin".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...