Hacking 2 Partition USB

chrisprabhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use a single USB for my Homebrew instead of a SD card but Windows won't let me access the second partition.

I formatted one partition as FAT32 for the Homebrew channel but Wii Backups don't fit on FAT32 so I made another NTFS partition on the drive with EASUS. Windows won't let me access the NTFS partition because it's not the Primary partition. What do I do?

Thanks,
CHris

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use a single USB for my Homebrew instead of a SD card but Windows won't let me access the second partition.

I formatted one partition as FAT32 for the Homebrew channel but Wii Backups don't fit on FAT32 so I made another NTFS partition on the drive with EASUS. Windows won't let me access the NTFS partition because it's not the Primary partition. What do I do?

Thanks,
CHris

Hi there, you can use WiiBackupManager to put your games on a fat32 partition, this means HomeBrew and Wii games Yaya http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/
The size of the games wont matter as this program will split them into 2 files and put them on the HDD for you.

chrisprabhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! This looks like a great solution however games that I install with WiiBackupManager do not run. My working solution is WBFS Manager. FYI using USBLoaderGX

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks,
CHris

You can keep the fat32 format using Wii Backup Manager
You can use my tutorial to do this but you might have to skip some steps
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-and-wii-loaded-off-one-hdd-solution.373280/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks! This looks like a great solution however games that I install with WiiBackupManager do not run. My working solution is WBFS Manager. FYI using USBLoaderGX
If you really need to have two partitions, keep the NTFS one and format the other one with FAT32, then use Wii Backup Manager - it will work just fine, regardless of whether you try to add an ISO or a WBFS file (it will convert accordingly). If you don't actually need the NTFS partition and want to get rid of it, I suggest nuking the whole stick by removing the volumes in Disk Management and making one big primary FAT32 partition - that's the recommended file system for the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@