1485 - GBA Video: SpongeBob Squarepants Vol. 1 (U)

|Wolf|

Lord of the Wolves
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CI254: It work properly in emulator
biggrin.gif

It contain 4 episodes and it is built like a DVD with 6 chapters per episode.

Once the Movie is launched:

Start = Pause/Un-pause
Select = Back to previous menu
A/B = Brightness control

Left = Rewind
Right = Forward
Up = Lock Button

R/L/ Chapter change

Will flash it on F2AU 512 and let you know

Trankten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the file can't be flashed to a 256mbits EZ Flash II cart... just to let you all know.

Edit: It works, but be sure you don't load the ezloader nor SMS on the menu, or it won't fit.

Edit 2: Tried and working fine.
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Thanks a lot CI254.
tongue.gif

This is great except that the quality is bad. So basically they didn't create a better encoding device, they just kept on killing the quality till it fits the 256Mb cart. P.S, the videos are actually selling a lot whewre I live.

DjFIL this works great on a EZFA.

eldryne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worst..idea..ever..for..GBA.

The video quality is terrible! I thought the unofficial releases were bad, but this as a Nintendo licensed product? Disappointing.

I can't believe people are actually going to pay money for these.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm suprised you guys think the quality is bad, I didn't think it was too shabby for the small palette of colors GBA has.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people think this is the stupidest thing for GBA. I think that the NEs for GBa is stupid becuae you can put all 8 of the NES games on your 256Mb Flsh Cart, instead of buying all 8 of them seperately.

|Wolf|

Lord of the Wolves
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It work fine on a F2AU 512
smile.gif

On emulator it look a bit bad if you change the video size, on GBA itself it look good even using a mag:). SpongeBob is so stupid and funny
biggrin.gif
I think this is a good idea too and it will kill time when returning home via buses.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was searching around the GBA newsgroup and I came across some Futurama and South Park videos for the gba. I tested one on emulator and it worked. The quality was so so but the sound was excellent. In fact I ended up watching the whoe video. I was wondering if anyone else came across these too.

SeiferA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Detective Conan episode chips that sell in Japan have FAR better quality than this. For what it's worth, you get what you pay for these spongebob videos. But the GBA is capable of far better.

It's no wonder those chips cost an arm and a leg in Japan...

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the quality of these Majesco video carts comparable to what you can do with meteo 1.4? (not counting the chapter selection, rewind, etc.)

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I personaly think the Majesco codec is better quality then Mateo. Reason I say this, I saw those futurama episodes and downloaded them... wouldn't work on my 256 f2a, nor will spongebob
frown.gif
but the quality of the Majesco codec is noticbly better then the Mateo codec, and the Majesco codec is better compression as that futurama ep was 22 minutes for 256mbit... this is 44 minutes for 256mbit.

Still though... anyone get it working on a F2A? I really want it to work... and wish I had the money for a F2A Ultra.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm a huge southpark / aqua teen fan, but i cant watch the same episodes more than a couple times... i cant imagine anyone buying these watching the same 4 episodes over and over to justify the price ;[

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...Heh, told you guys these were 256mb carts.

Anyway I've just come online so I havn't had a chance to check them out yet...I'm not really interested in the GBA Videos unless some decent anime gets licensed for it or the technology itself gets better (sounds like the caimans codec is much better than this from the comments). Oh well I'm off to check these out...

p.s Didn't these come out for retail ages ago (like either the 3rd or 10th)?

smile.gif

Purple

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was searching around the GBA newsgroup and I came across some Futurama and South Park videos for the gba. I tested one on emulator and it worked. The quality was so so but the sound was excellent. In fact I ended up watching the whoe video. I was wondering if anyone else came across these too.
I have found a Family Guy video, was worth downloading
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?