Hacking 11.8.0 probably intends to break a certain pirate shop

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Confirmed.

For now the server is letting people download but soon will require authentication.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so nintendo implemented a "cert" for each console to download games? so now without that "cert" the freeshop won't be able to download anythine? or the freeshop will start taking the cert of the console?

if so, won't be good idea to now update and keep the console on 11.7 and keep using freeshop for ever?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what are the options for piracy gonna be going forward?
Capture.PNG
Maybe you meant: legal private backups?

Person74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Referring to SciresM's tweet, is a ticket sent over network when you open an installed app, or just when you try to download from the server?

Basically, will Nintendo now see homebrew apps and other non-eShop purchases?
For downloading
They already could, when running them; just not positively associate them with your eShop account (and neither will they be able to under the new system, as long as you are not actively downloading them from eShop servers)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have no homebrew because I run everything through a hijacked system app, but what about installed titles? None are out of region and all can be found as legit game carts. Does the ticket list the apps as INSTALLED or just run?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You do that through godmode correct?
Soon it will be one of the main remaining ways to backup a title to cia; right now (as well as for the past couple of years) there have been many others, sadly people thought they were smart to skip downloading to cia and don't indeed have backups, despite a common euphemism for piracy

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I installed CFW Luma3DS + B9S on my Old 3DS like 2 weeks ago, after delaying it. Since i'm pretty much new to all this, should i simply stay on 11.7 and never turn on wi-fi?
Can i still use FS on 11.7 or will Big-N find me and block me? I have some legit games, so can i still play them online?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have no homebrew because I run everything through a hijacked system app, but what about installed titles? None are out of region and all can be found as legit game carts. Does the ticket list the apps as INSTALLED or just run?
Tickets are licenses for apps; every installed title (from any source - although then the ticket may be incorrect) has a ticket (as does any installed then removed title, unless the ticket was manually removed)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I installed CFW Luma3DS + B9S on my Old 3DS like 2 weeks ago, after delaying it. Since i'm pretty much new to all this, should i simply stay on 11.7 and never turn on wi-fi?
Can i still use FS on 11.7 or will Big-N find me and block me? I have some legit games, so can i still play them online?
If you are downloading directly in Freeshop, your system version doesn't matter, as the download logic is built into Freeshop (which will probably be blocked in the future, unless Freeshop is updated, in which case someone will need to supply their own console ID just like they now need to supply their enctitlekeys)

If you use spotpass background downloads, it goes though the OS, so the method used in 11.7 and lower will eventually be blocked (at the same time as above)

Person74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soon it will be one of the main remaining ways to backup a title to cia; right now (as well as for the past couple of years) there have been many others, sadly people thought they were smart to skip downloading to cia and don't indeed have backups, despite a common euphemism for piracy
I mean as long as you have the title on your system then you can make a backup cia. So as long as you have the titles you want you are fine, and if there a titles you want, you can get them now beforew that chance goes away.

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.