1. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    That is not an accurate statement. The majority pay. Those that pirate are a quite small minority in comparison.

emuashui, awtgrduzwt5r9 and Myria like this.
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    That's the rational thinking; but I won't be the one to parrot the same answer to 20 different people complaining that freeshop/ciangel broke and they're simply too late for the Easy And Fr33 G4m3z

3. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Romania
    Does the console send the ticket while in sleep mode with wifi on and spotpass off?

4. Ryccardo

Italy
    For background downloads (whether from eShop or FreeShop)? Sure

5. Person74

Person74 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Good Point, but we can share our cia's online.

6. Searinox

Romania
    From a CFW standpoint, a solution is possible by hooking into the ticket sending routine and patching it to omit tickets that exist in a blacklist.

7. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Quick question, Freeshop already gets the ticket, does it actually have a Signing checks for nonlegit tickets?

8. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

United States
    Holy shit. Nintendo did it to 'em.
    Question: Does this only affect the download process or does the launch process also send the ticket over the network?

9. MegaGenesis

MegaGenesis GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    So, should i hurry up and get what i want from FS now while it still works on currently version and 11.7 (since many older 3DS games aren't avaliable anymore in my country), or should i wait for the dev to update Luma and FS? I'm sure don't wanto to be blocked from playing MK7 online (legit digital copy).

10. Searinox

Romania
    I had my tickets cleaned at an earlier time(though still have many invalid ones) but have not thus far used eshop or theme shop and I don't use freeshop. I'm just gonna turn the wifi off until more info is out.

To elaborate on my previous idea, CFW should in fact be fully capable itself to see which tickets are validly signed and which aren't, and not include them in the list.

11. Ryccardo

Italy
    Get everything you want right now (from a PC, if you are paranoid, though in-app freeshop downloads should be equally anonymous)

12. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Use Vanilla3DS to download your games from now on. Keep your 3DS offline. Dark days ahead of us...

13. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Only the installation process (well, you can launch applications offline :P). It's new in the NIM services (X-Authentication-Key and X-Authentication-Data). This really only applies to freeShop and not e.g. FBI.

sks316 likes this.
  14. HeatranOnABalloon

Newcomer

United States
    Since Nintendo has the ability to detect pirated copies vs normal copies, I preloaded a game before release and installed a dummy seed to play it. I then installed the official seed. Should I just back up my save files on this game and go buy a hard copy? Considering I play the game online (and haven’t had any issues).

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    even though I have freeshop installed, I almost always download cia files with my laptop. plus, my micro sd card is nearly full, and there's not a whole lot left that interests me. install what you can on 11.7 (assuming you use freeshop), use tiksweep or fbi to eliminate any unused tickets, make NAND backup, then update. :)

MegaGenesis likes this.
  16. CeeDee

CeeDee Oh, fishsticks. I'm nauseous...

United States
    Yikes! I'm actually impressed. Time to keep my 3DS offline, I suggest everyone here do the same.

17. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

United States
    does this affect cias I made from my real carts? The only reason why I hacked my 3DS was so I didn't have to lug them all around. I have a lot of 3DS carts.

CuriousTommy likes this.
  18. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I need to wipe everything on my "legit" system, clean out the tickets and then redownload my actual games. (I have a mix of pirate/non-pirate software on here, but I mostly used .cias (I think there were only 2 non-cia downloads on my original system). I also have cias made from my private backups of legit carts. This is going to be annoying to deal with.

Gah. More work for myself to do.

Last edited by astrangeone, Jul 31, 2018
  19. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This only affects you downloading games through Freeshop and not much else. At the moment, they can't tell the difference between a pirated CIA file and a legit cart ripped one but that may change in the coming months.

You can keep on playing as they can't tell the difference, but don't use Freeshop in the future!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nope. It only affects downloading those CIAs through the eShop when you don't own the game (i.e Freeshop). You can still install, play and move about CIA files fine - you just can't download them through Freeshop anymore.

20. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Or the Nintendo Homebrew Discord

Too bad everyone reverse engineering 11.8 says that's not the only change? Please let the people who actually know stuff talk about this

That's because freeShop doesn't use nim when normally installing games (it DOES however when doing a sleep mode install), I won't risk updating and getting potentially banned anyway

Last edited by zacchi4k, Jul 31, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - probably, intends, certain