Hacking 11.8.0 probably intends to break a certain pirate shop

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is correct - as of right now, Nintendo only validates the ticket is proper when downloading from the CDN. This might change in the future, but for now playing online with non-valid tickets is safe.

Alright thank you, so nothing has changed for me atleast!

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m on 11.7 luma B9S and I’ve got almost 128gb full of games I would like to play on the 3DS.

I understand that Free-shop can break any moment because of extra server-side security.

There are however software updates for some of those games I’ve downloaded. I’m wondering if I can still do these updates when Nintendo switches on server-side security?

bluhacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a full list of such things?

List of stuff that can't be normally obtained from the EShop without special circumstances

Flipnote Studio 3D
Tomatachi Life Move-In Edition
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Event Demo
New Super Mario Bros 2: Gold Edition
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
WarioWare: Touched!
All of the GBA & NES Ambassador Titles
Cubic Ninja
That one game where you build your own stuff and got removed for having a save file hackable, icon shows a smiling orange guy with a crown
Other removed DSiWare and 3DS games that could still be obtained from Freeshop/Villain3DS

Reactions: NFates

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how, if at all, this will affect the app that downloads all tickets and installs for you. It seems like this mainly targets CIAngle which abuses the CDN itself. So it's understandable. Though I think Nintendo may be upping their game to kill piracy on the 3DS before DEF-CON this year to align with the Nintendo Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes and I'm sure over the next few months more anti-piracy protections are coming up. It's been a long time since the last free primary exploit so Nintendo is taking precautions to reduce piracy this time around. It's a bummer but it's understandable. Nintendo HAS TO do something to stop piracy if they're going to keep releasing Nintendo 3DS titles, why would they bother releasing games for the 3DS when most people will just pirate them rather than pay for it. If you send me a private message I'll send you a screenshot of the app I'm talking about but I'm not going to promote it here. I have a feeling this is just the beginning Nintendo could very well start adding in more anti-piracy measures to make it closer to that of the Nintendo Switch.
You realize the most people are not GBATemp members and not all gbatemp members pirate games. So you can't claim that most people will pirate a 3ds games. The fact has been proven over and over again that most people do not pirate games because they have no clue how to do it or because they think it's wrong or because they don't even know it's a possibility.

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is still working....

Attachments

• 10FBE9FE-5A17-4CE2-8879-ECF542806B84.jpeg
    10FBE9FE-5A17-4CE2-8879-ECF542806B84.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 290

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a feeling they'll only make the change during a Eshop maintenance or "all services down" one, these ones for this week are just for online play/spotpass.

Kafkaus00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So is it still safe to play online with legit or non legit games ?

I have a question aswell, i’m Planning on getting MHGenU on switch, do anyone knows how we will be able to transfer save file from MHGen to mhgenU ?

I’m still on 11.6 and don’t know if I should update or not. Thanks !

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
List of stuff that can't be normally obtained from the EShop without special circumstances

Flipnote Studio 3D
European version at least is dumped, I have first hand knowledge of this... (both the early version with coming soon online features, and the week-1 rerelease with that removed)

Tomatachi Life Move-In Edition
Everyone who is interested and their mom can probably ask for a free download code :P

New Super Mario Bros 2: Gold Edition
In every legit cia pack (well, are THOSE still around?)

All of the [...] NES Ambassador Titles
Those are officially purchaseable by the general public, it's only the GBA ones that Nintendo is too ashamed to sell

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo’s final “hidden trick up the sleeve” will be an hidden update to break all CFW 3ds.

However I never intent to play online.
I love playing offline without any wifi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night