Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Mariosl10, Aug 10, 2016.
Will we ever be able to Downgrade (Without hard mod or 2nd 3ds) and install legit cia's?
Only time will tell, but from the look of things it'd be very unlikely to see any other forms of soft-downgrading anytime soon. (Besides dsiwarehax)
That's like asking who's gonna win the Super Bowl. No one really knows for sure. Just have to wait and see what happens in the coming months, but with the min firmware check that they added to 11.0, I imagine it will be quite awhile before someone figures it out (if at all). I can't say that with absolute certainty, but from what I have gathered in my research, Nintendo did a pretty good job stopping soft downgrades for the time being.
Also, this would have been more appropriate in the "Custom Firmware and Flashcard" section. This is for Homebrew Development and discussions relating to that. Just to give ya a heads, don't be surprised if you get flamed.
I wouldn't be surprised if one comes out, but it will just take time. No software is competently unhackable, and we already have browserhax and menuhax on the latest firmware. There is a lot of people looking for exploits right now, so just wait. It will probably happen
Will it happen, probably (if it will it will happen in 1-2 years after that I think ninty won't be updating anymore and no one will really be actively searching for new exploits so at that point it won't happen anymore most likely)
When will it happen is like already said a stupid question, how is anyone supposed to know this? It's not like any of us can see the future.
Also you can already downgrade so I think (even though the current method is inconvenient) there will be less people who are trying right now.
It probably will, just wait, like most of us did to get where we are now. I had to wait a long ass time before I could even run homebrew on my firmware, and an even longer time to be able to downgrade to 9.2.
It will happen in a few months, most likely when Nintendo release 11.1.
maybe the hack development will focus on ds(i) exploits, because they're running under arm9, we saw similar with dsiwarehax and ntrhax instead of exploiting ns/ arm11kernel
You made my day
i wouldnt say we wont ever see an means on 11.0 , so many said teh same for Past 9.2 it took alot of time bute we're where we are now since finding the exploits needed for downgrading from 10.3~10.7. so only time will tell. there could verry well be ways to do it w/o DSiWarehax/hardmod but the Devs are waiting for the next FW to come out to see if its been patched before releasing.
but i WILL say Why we cant outside DSiWare right now Software wise and thats because of the hardcoded Minimum system title version checks introduced with 11.0
Crystal ball is murky.
If a new exploit is found, yes. If not, no.
i would make the question with other words. Is anybody at least getting information about how would this be possible?
Didnt want to sound rude xD
I just wish we could do the dsiware soft mod using N3ds to o3ds, I would be happy with at least that
Yes, it's just a matter of time...
There is no such thing as perfect code...
Maybe someone can improve DSiWareHax to make it work without a second 3DS.
here we go again
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
im sure we need a mod or this thread gonna burn soon @Depravo
Dsiwarehax is easily patchable. I'd almost guarantee it will be patched on the next update.
I also.doubt anyone will release another kernel exploit any time soon.
Hardmod being patched i believe would require a complete hardware upgrade removing test points, but i could be wrong on that.