Gaming 1080p Videos on my hardware

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya,

Currently I'm running a Pentium D 830 at 3 Ghz, 1 GB DDR2 RAM and a Geforce 9600GT

I'm running various 1080p video material. Most low bitrate stuff works perfectly well, but everything with higher bit rate stutters horribly
My guess atm is, that everything is managed by the CPU and this old Pentium D won't cut it.
But shouldn't the 9600GT manage the HD video playback? is there some trick behind it?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does depend if the video playback is managed by the GPU pipeline thingies.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the HD compatibility of the graphics card is that it can output it, for the computer to process the video is another task...

I think the RAM might have something to do with it also... but I'm not sure.

But I'm pretty sure that the processor is what holds you up. If you have a 3 feet hole in a wall, and stand on one side shooting with a water gun through the hole, it won't become a 3 feet stream...

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CoreAVC does not, afaik, have hardware acceleration. Media Player Classic has had hardware decoding for a while now. Try downing the latest CCCP and check if that helps.

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Scorpei said:
CoreAVC does not, afaik, have hardware acceleration. Media Player Classic has had hardware decoding for a while now. Try downing the latest CCCP and check if that helps.

well I tried this and it plays perfectly, but I cannot use the subs in the MVK file then...meh

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raki said:
Scorpei said:

well I tried this and it plays perfectly, but I cannot use the subs in the MVK file then...meh
You could try:
Launch MPC > Click "View" > Click "Options" > Select "External
Filters" > Click the "Add Filter" button > Select "DirectVobSub
(Auto-loading version)" > Click "Ok" > On the right hand side, click
the radio button for "Prefer" > Click "Ok" > Exit MPC and Restart MPC.

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Scorpei said:
Raki said:
Scorpei said:

You could try:
Launch MPC > Click "View" > Click "Options" > Select "External
Filters" > Click the "Add Filter" button > Select "DirectVobSub
(Auto-loading version)" > Click "Ok" > On the right hand side, click
the radio button for "Prefer" > Click "Ok" > Exit MPC and Restart MPC.

that one works, but now the sound is lagging

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could check out how your CPU load is holding up while playing your video files with the subs on like I described and how they run without. VobSub doesn't do anything with your audio afaik, so I'm guessing your CPU isn't pulling it (you could of course try to OC it a little if it is only just underpowered
wink.gif
). AFAIK, but I have yet to personally test / push that, your system should be able to run it without any problems (as a single core atom, together with a 9400M can too) (not a clue how much VP2 and 4 differ).

I've tried running full HD material on my Amd athlon 64 3200+, together with a (agp) HD2400pro which it didn't really like (read, 720 went without a hich but 1080 only low bit rate stuff) but that had less hardware decoding afaik. But that system is currently not built anymore (and when I do build it up again I'm gonna see if I can get OSx running on it (too)).

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Scorpei said:
You could check out how your CPU load is holding up while playing your video files with the subs on like I described and how they run without. VobSub doesn't do anything with your audio afaik, so I'm guessing your CPU isn't pulling it (you could of course try to OC it a little if it is only just underpowered
wink.gif
). AFAIK, but I have yet to personally test / push that, your system should be able to run it without any problems (as a single core atom, together with a 9400M can too) (not a clue how much VP2 and 4 differ).

I've tried running full HD material on my Amd athlon 64 3200+, together with a (agp) HD2400pro which it didn't really like (read, 720 went without a hich but 1080 only low bit rate stuff) but that had less hardware decoding afaik. But that system is currently not built anymore (and when I do build it up again I'm gonna see if I can get OSx running on it (too)).

well it just goes up to about 70% actually (with minor stuff in the background)...maybe some other problem?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scorpei said:
The newer versions have support for nvidia. But he might not even need the hardware support. I ran relatively high bitrate 720p files on my Intel Atom netbook.... WITHOUT overclocking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...