Hacking 10.6, Oothax and Powersaves

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a N3DSXL and I want to downgrade. My sysnand is on 10.6, I have Ocarina of Time, but don't have Powersaves. Is there salvation for me?

hiryuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would post this under the custom firmware area. We are not supposed to post questions in the tutorials area...

To answer your question, you will need to find a 3DS with 10.5 or lower to apply the OOTHax. I had to do this myself last night. I lucked out and my wife's o3DS XL was still on 10.5, so I used her's to apply the Powersaves.

jantunes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is wrong section, but I think it's best to ask here than to open a new topic.

I have a N3DS with CFW on 10.6. My friend has a N3DS in 10.6 too. If I get OOT3D, can I modify the saves using my N3DS and the program that comes with the starter kit to then use the hack in my friends N3DS?
My main confusion is if the oot3dhax installer is going to install something on my N3DS or modify the saves in the actual flashcart.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd recommend you get a PowerSaves if you can't do it any other way, it's pretty useful for backing up, even if you don't cheat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know this is wrong section, but I think it's best to ask here than to open a new topic.

I have a N3DS with CFW on 10.6. My friend has a N3DS in 10.6 too. If I get OOT3D, can I modify the saves using my N3DS and the program that comes with the starter kit to then use the hack in my friends N3DS?
My main confusion is if the oot3dhax installer is going to install something on my N3DS or modify the saves in the actual flashcart.
OoT3Dhax will overwrite the save.

Reactions: jantunes

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes you should be able to change the save with a 3ds on cfw.
Backup the save before trying this as it will wipe it out.

Reactions: jantunes

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

oot3dhax essentially replaces the saves with the hax.
Just use SaveDataFiler or JK's SaveManager on your CFW N3DS to back up the save.
Install hax to do whatever you need it for. When you're done, just restore it using what you backed up the save with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn