Hacking Misc Homebrew app 3DS Music Player Besides Ctrmus?

Awesomesauce3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to be able to listen to music on my 3ds, but I don't really like the way that Ctrmus looks, there's no colors. Its just black and white. It gives me a "oops, I just bricked my N3DSXL that cost me $270 and 2 hours to mod (Was scared of accidentally bricking it in the process). Oh no," Kinda feel. Limeplayer3ds looks perfect, but theres no CIA QR CODE for it, is there anywhere? Any suggestions of an open-source, friendly interface, nice looking, CIA QR CODE downloadable, Music player for N3DSXL? or must I have to get Ctrmus??

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your options are:
  • ctrmus, which you already don't like
  • LimePlayer3DS, which has a GUI but no CIA version (3dsx only)
  • Nintendo 3DS Sound, built-in but only supports mp3, m4a, mp4, and 3gp

Rednorka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rednorka.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Russia
You won't find anything that looks nice for this sadly.

There's Video Player 3DS - despite its name, it can play music files, but the interface is eh. https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Video_player_for_3DS

You can also try apps made for Nintendo DS instead - they look generally nicer. You might have luck with lmp-ng, for example, and be able to setup a forwarder for it? (I would suggest Moonshell but it doesn't work well outside of a DS flashcart)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol