Hacking 1.7 AKAIO Makes my DS just turn off.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've have asked a few times now, What is the HWID?

I'm fairly sure it's a clone.

Derekku said:
Hey two days ago i purchased an AceKard2i from Real Hot Stuff. They deliver from New Jersey. Im in Florida.
How long should it take, because ive heard people saying about fake websites and fake AceKard2i's .

Does anyone know if the site is reliable or not? and My AceKard2i isnt going to be a fake is it?

It's well known that during January/ February 2010, the carts RHS were sending out were clones.

Yes, AKAIO 1.7 is worth it.

Derekku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I've have asked a few times now, What is the HWID?

I'm fairly sure it's a clone.

Derekku said:
Hey two days ago i purchased an AceKard2i from Real Hot Stuff. They deliver from New Jersey. Im in Florida.
How long should it take, because ive heard people saying about fake websites and fake AceKard2i's .

Does anyone know if the site is reliable or not? and My AceKard2i isnt going to be a fake is it?

It's well known that during January/ February 2010, the carts RHS were sending out were clones.

Yes, AKAIO 1.7 is worth it.

Okay how do i find out the HWID?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ignore Miser, he's trolling.

Boot up AKAIO 1.6, press start, goto more and select help. HWID will be displayed.

There have been quite a few people who are in exactly the same position as you. They have updated to AKAIO 1.7, and then discovered RHS sent them a clone.

Luckily for you, RHS will still replace your cart with a genuine one.

Derekku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Ignore Miser, he's trolling.

Boot up AKAIO 1.6, press start, goto more and select help. HWID will be displayed.

There have been quite a few people who are in extacly teh same position as you. They have updated to AKAIO 1.7, and then discovered RHS sent them a clone.

Luckily for you, RHS will still replace your cart with a genuine one.

Im using AKAIO v1.5 HW: 80
wow 1.5 lol

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Derekku said:
Im using AKAIO v1.5 HW: 80
That is 100% a clone, that's why it's not working with AKAIO 1.7.

Email RHS to get a replacement.

Dudesonline emailed them few days ago, and he never even had to send the cart back.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Derekku said:
How do i know if its a clone or not?
Trust me ok, it's a clone.

All HWID:80 Acekard 2i are clones. A genuine Acekard 2i has a HWID of 81 or 44.

Peel off the sticker and you should see an Actel IC underneath.

As far as i'm aware, they were only sending out clones in January/ February. Partly from where I kicked such a fuss in one of their threads, I believe all the Acekard 2i's sent out March onwards are genuine.

Email them, quote your order number/ date, tell them they sent you a Actel HWID:80 Clone Acekard 2i and you would like it replaced by a genuine one. Tell them it doesn't work with AKAIO 1.7.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Derekku said:
Thanks but why tell them it doesnt work with AKAIO 1.7 wouldnt that void the policy etc
Wether or not Normmatt did it on purpose or it's a side effect of yellow DMA, it's known that AKAIO 1.7 does not work on these clones.

RHS will be well aware of this, as a few would have sent them back for that exact same reason.

Take a look at this recent thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2925526

If you really need more advice, ask the OP in that thread what he put in the email he sent them.

Derekku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my replacement HWID:81 and its spring loaded XD
:3 RHS is very good on customer support!

Thanks to everyone that helped me here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: