Hacking 1.4.3. R4i cards not being read By DSi

lemming007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hi all,

I've got a strange problem with a DSi on 1.4.3E firmware.

I have 3 different R4 cards all on 1.4.3 and an Acekard 2i on 1.4.3.

When I put any of the above cards into the DSi nothing happens and the "There is no card inserted in the DS Game slot" will remain.

I thought the DSi might have fault reading the cards but it will read and load original games no problem.

I decided to try the R4 cards (and Acekard) on another DSi with firmware 1.2 installed and all the cards work fine.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem with a DSi before and has a solution.

Thanks

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any genuine game cartridges work on said DSi system?
Sounds like contact issue inside the DSi, with the contacts in the cartridge slot rather than the contacts of the game/flashcarts.
This can happen from too much use (reinsertion) of cartridges in the cart slot, or from the use of carts that are for whatever reason too thick, which cause the internal contacts that are like a delicate comb, to become permanently bent (and no longer make full contact with carts/games).

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
PLease help! I got the sam issue...DSi on 1.3U firmware, a R4i-SDHC (the "unlimited upgradable" edition...) for 1.4.3 that doens'nt work!

The R4 works fine on a 3DS but doesn't even show his presence in the DSi Menu,

still saying "There is no card inserted in the DS Game slot"...but the Dsi well plays original game cartridge...

Thank you for help ... one last question is the "contact issue" have any solution? if it is the real problem??!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLease help! I got the sam issue...DSi on 1.3U firmware, a R4i-SDHC (the "unlimited upgradable" edition...) for 1.4.3 that doens'nt work!

The R4 works fine on a 3DS but doesn't even show his presence in the DSi Menu,

still saying "There is no card inserted in the DS Game slot"...but the Dsi well plays original game cartridge...

Thank you for help ... one last question is the "contact issue" have any solution? if it is the real problem??!

3DS compatibility isn't the same as DSi compatibility.
Both use different System Firmware that have different blocking features. That's probably why it's fine in your DSi but not 3DS.

You might be able to get Firmware Update (this is not the menu, this is a permanent update on your cartridge) from your flash cart's website.

Kernel is not the same as Firmware, in case there's any confusion over whether you have the "latest" files on the flash cart.
Please see http://gbatemp.net/t...ilation-thread/ to make sure your cart is confirmed.

The "Firmware Upgrade" procedure is similar for almost all flash carts, you will run the DSi version of the Firmware Update with your flashcart on the system that works. It is in the form of a .nds homebrew file. Usually the package will contain two different "*.nds" files for this purpose, you will have to use the DSi/3DS version and NOT the NDSL version.

Yes, contact issues have various solutions, but I don't think that's your problem. the 3DS update is more recent and there hasn't been any DSi 1.4.4 yet, to my knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex