amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rumor has it that we could be seeing 1.1.3 or maybe 1.2, in the next few days or maybe weeks? Hopefully it has some actual fixes. For some reason I thought 1.1.3 was dropped as beta months ago, but I can't remember, getting too old I spose. I read a review of the ds-x that was written in August and they had 1.1.3 installed, so who knows...

Either way, it may actually be on it's way!

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rumor has it that we could be seeing 1.1.3 or maybe 1.2, in the next few days or maybe weeks? Hopefully it has some actual fixes. For some reason I thought 1.1.3 was dropped as beta months ago, but I can't remember, getting too old I spose. I read a review of the ds-x that was written in August and they had 1.1.3 installed, so who knows...

I heard it has "Duke Nukem Forever" as a skinapp, and that the album "Chinese Democracy" can be heard if you put your ear to the FPGA and listen carefully.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1.1.3 will come when hell freezes over.
cool.gif

Or when a Final Fantasy VI remake appears on the 360.

~Nero

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've heard it from one of the mods and from one of the devs. So chances are looking up for us, but who knows...

I think I might be checking out the supercard or R4 soon though...

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've heard it from one of the mods and from one of the devs. So chances are looking up for us, but who knows...

I think I might be checking out the supercard or R4 soon though...

Oh.. A rumor created by one of the mods/devs of the DS-X about a new firmware update? That just kills any truth behind it.

~Nero

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, don't think I'm defending them by any means, I've been waiting just as long as you(if you have a ds-x). I've been very "public" about how I feel about the updates we've received. It's exactly why I said "rumor has it" in the title of the thread. I mean, really, we could be waiting for another 6 months or forever for that matter...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just lies and bullshit. DS-X made their money, and now refuse to support their product. Hope Team Xodius or whatever they came from never release another product, and if they do, I hope it fails.

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm going to give the DS-X team the benefit of the doubt for now since the moderators statement was a response to one of my "bitch posts". Usually threads like that are closed or severely edited. I'll start bitching again in a week or two when (or if) we find out it was just more bull****. Even if this firmware comes out soon and fixes all the issues, six or however many months it has been is way too long to wait.

amemoryoncelost

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I messaged one of the devs out of the blue and got a response, actually before you even made your post dreadyz. He said it would be out soon. The problem is, this firmware they're about to release is an old firmware, which makes the statement by guru correct. They haven't started working on it because it's the same one that's been around for the past six months, just never released to the public.

here is the reply I got and this was sent to me on new years eve:

hi

we will be releasing 1.1.3 in the next few days

hope you have a good new year

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's just lies and bullshit. DS-X made their money, and now refuse to support their product. Hope Team Xodius or whatever they came from never release another product, and if they do, I hope it fails.

I believe they are TeamXodus or Part of

Rabid1 on DSX team

probabily been trying to work on a XBox360 mod or hacking the iphone (dino) thats why you've seen no DSX updates...

XBox360 hacked at 24c3

R....
I thought this was common in the modchip world. You make a good chip for one platform (Xbox in this case?), you try to make a good one for a different platform, if you fail, you just move on. Certainly there's more money/fame/excitement/whatever in Xbox360/Wii modchips than in NDS, so who can blame the Xodus team?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
This has been said many times before. I will believe it when I see a download link on the gbatemp front page or when hell freezes over
tongue.gif

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll believe it when I see a link on their site. Every game I want to play has run good so far... So it's no big deal to me.

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just lies and bullshit.  DS-X made their money, and now refuse to support their product.  Hope Team Xodius or whatever they came from never release another product, and if they do, I hope it fails.

Rabid1 on DSX team
probabily been trying to work on a XBox360 mod or hacking the iphone (dino) thats why you've seen no DSX updates...
XBox360 hacked at 24c3
R....
I thought this was common in the modchip world. You make a good chip for one platform (Xbox in this case?), you try to make a good one for a different platform, if you fail, you just move on. Certainly there's more money/fame/excitement/whatever in Xbox360/Wii modchips than in NDS, so who can blame the Xodus team?

Indeed, Notoriety must be a heady narcotic.
I know reverse engineering is very rewarding for the old grey matter.

R....

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just lies and bullshit. DS-X made their money, and now refuse to support their product. Hope Team Xodius or whatever they came from never release another product, and if they do, I hope it fails.

Rabid1 on DSX team

XBox360 hacked at 24c3

R....

You can blame them because the premium we were paying for the chip was with the assumption or assurance (and no,it's no longer on the site) that they would support the product in a timely manner. They had the balls to release a larger capacity version of the original DS-X and not telling users that they still hadn't fixed the problems the first time around, as the FW should be the same for both. On top of that, the deleted posts, the covering up of deleted posts, and random bans going around for asking what the hell was going on about 9 months ago. You're right in that if they fail, they can move on. Well the chip worked fine to a point, and people spent a lot of money on it (including me) in comparison to other cards, because of their reputation as Xodus. And it was the first Slot-1 that really mattered. But then they just stopped supporting the card all together, released a newer bigger version, didn't support that either (it had it's own issues) threatened to remove the warranty if anyone tried to change or modify the firmware (as it was buggy as hell), and never lived up to their promises, which they have removed from their website as well. One of them was soft-reset and the other was a skin creation software, if I remember correctly. Oh yeah, and then there was the infamous post by Rabid, if I remember right that called the entire customer base, both current and future criminals. Yeah that was a good one.

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, and then there was the infamous post by Rabid, if I remember right that called the entire customer base, both current and future criminals. Yeah that was a good one.

You're right about the post but it wasn't Rabid1 - it was DSX-Guru who wrote it, and he said "Why should we have to rush a firmware just to make a bunch of pirates happy?" Oddly enough, every other cart maker on the planet felt the arm7 matter was important enough to patch within 3 hours of the first Japanese-region rom release carrying the new copy protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.