Hacking 1.08 and skins?

Brien Zee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just updated my girlfriends r4 to the latest version.
i tried to add a skin made by akotan, but its not loading.
i have them in the system folder. but when i load the r4 it goes to the default beta skin.
anyone have an idea why this would happen?
i noticed there is a "theme" folder, i just deleted that because the directions said it detects the theme thats in the system folder..

any ideas?

thanks

Brien Zee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i put the themes i wanted in "_system_" then "themes" then "theme01" and so forth.
a total of 6 themes.
i just deleted the other folders. because the thread said i didn't need them all..
but i push select and nothing happens..
i've checked the folders, to me it seems right, but nothing is happening...

suske1245

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Guys, same problem with my R4ds, i can not skin it, i have tried all the ways, pressed "select", changed my month on the ds (to enable the automatically skinning feature of R4ds) but no success. i have a gray R4ds which i brought from acegamestore.com shop in Moorabin, Victora, down here is Australia. Every thing else works but i can not skin it. My folder are arranged in the same order as .TakaM mentions. Maybe its just the Batch (or maybe its just mine). I am currently using v1.07 of the kernel system.

suske1245

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cant even change the skins that came on my cd which are already in a the V1.07 System folder (which i simply copied and pasted from the cd to my Micro Sd card.

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
if you are just wanting one theme on your R4 then you just put the skin in X:\_system_\themes without any folders inside that.

if you want more then you need to create 12 folders in X:\_system_\themes\theme01 to X:\_system_\themes\theme12 and put each theme in each folder.

you dont need 12 themes, lets say you only got 4 themes, so you would make themes01 to themes04 folder

Nenyana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try putting your skins inside of the theme04 folder, delete all of the other ones and after the beta theme is loaded, press select. I had the same problem and this solved it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you update the firmware on your R4, make sure to delete the "_DS_MENU.SYS" file and let the R4 re-create it upon the first boot after updating. Be sure to have at least 4 megs free for the file to be created.

Maybe that is the culprit that prevented the skins from working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...