Gamesphere

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know everyone would kill to get GBA games on Slot 1 cards and I have seen posts regarding that it is impossible without RAM. But I was thinking, Could it work by not running the GBA games through a card itself but an Emulator? Im talking like the SNES, GEN, and GB emulators you see for DS Homebrew. Could a GBA Emulator be made just as easy like VirtualBoy? I'd love to lead the charge if it is but I don't know heads or tails to DS programming.

I know I may get flamed but it was just a quick idea...

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure it could be made but it would be very slow. The snes, genesis and other systems you mentioned are much older.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
in soviet russia the ds has enough power to do that
You traitor of the motherland!
mad.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
why emulate it? you can let the ARM7 cpu do the work.

the problem is the speed of the slot1!

gba games demand higher reading speeds than ds games and therefore it will be slow, not for the "emulation" part, because no emulation is needed, the programs can run almost natively on the ARM7.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

gba games demand higher reading speeds than ds games and therefore it will be slow, not for the "emulation" part, because no emulation is needed, the programs can run almost natively on the ARM7.
I don't think you're right. If that was true, wouldn't it be possible to use RAM in the Slot-1 device? Wouldn't any Slot-1 cart maker have done it already?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think you're right. If that was true, wouldn't it be possible to use RAM in the Slot-1 device? Wouldn't any Slot-1 cart maker have done it already?
No, because the access times in the slot 1 are slower than slot 2.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GBA games are constantly taking data from the cart, hence the need for ram. DS games take chunks of data at a time. Or is it the other way around?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So.. if you could make the DS stays in "DS Mode".. just a thought.. DS games also access the ARM7 cpu, so if you could change a gba rom into a DS rom (a DS rom with no ARM9 code, just ARM7), then.. the game could work..
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw