H8TR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Divineo has announced that the G6 DS Real price will be $64.95 USD for the 8Gb (1GB) model. Not too bad but I still think it should be $10 lower. For slightly less game compatibility (POR & Tony Hawk), you could get a R4 and 2GB Micro SD or R4 & EZ 3-in-1. G6 DS Real should finally be available on June 1st.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's quite cheap for what it is (onboard memory always costs more than mass manufactured memory cards), but the R4 and memory is still cheaper as you've already mentioned.

edit: then again, I would say that. Ha
laugh.gif

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
I think alot is gona rest on the price of the 2GB, I mean a permanent 1GB of non-removable memory is not going to be incredibly useful, but 2GB is the sweet spot for many people. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be the same price as an R4 w/ 2GB card, but if it is relatively cheap than it could swing it for me.

Or we could all just wait for the CycloDS
tongue.gif

nuhbiwan79

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys. i don´t know why y'all say it's not expensive. I can buy an ez-flash + expansion + 1gb card and I would pay 13$ less. I won´t pay that money just for the cheat engine. I don´t care about not having to patch the games, they´re on the pc anyway and patching takes me what, 2 seconds?

bladerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hi guys. i don´t know why y'all say it's not expensive. I can buy an ez-flash + expansion + 1gb card and I would pay 13$ less. I won´t pay that money just for the cheat engine. I don´t care about not having to patch the games, they´re on the pc anyway and patching takes me what, 2 seconds?

Good for you, but the point here is that for an internal memory device, the G6 DS Real, is the first of it's kind with that much space and that small price. This is a great option and the price is right.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still can't believe some of you guys are bitching about that price.

This is a GIGABYTE of space. Way more than enough for any DS games that you may play between visits to the computer to toss roms onto it. Just because you can get other cards for less does NOT mean that this is expensive.

People just don't realize how cheap these "backup solutions" are.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember paying like $150 for a low end GBA flash cart.
Quoted for the truth. I paid around $170 for a 256mbit EZFA cart and it was worth every penny. Didn't bitch at all about the price. And for those that whine about space? That 256mbit in my gba cart doesn't hold much, but it can hold at least 1 of any commercial rom and therefore is enough and well worth it. And now adays people expect their carts to hold 20+ roms and cost $40. And come with extra goodies like a card reader. It's fucking pathetic.

H8TR

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remember paying like $150 for a low end GBA flash cart.

Quoted for the truth. I paid around $170 for a 256mbit EZFA cart and it was worth every penny. Didn't bitch at all about the price. And for those that whine about space? That 256mbit in my gba cart doesn't hold much, but it can hold at least 1 of any commercial rom and therefore is enough and well worth it. And now adays people expect their carts to hold 20+ roms and cost $40. And come with extra goodies like a card reader. It's fucking pathetic.
Remember that NAND flash memory was still expensive as hell. The idea of using flash memory to replace harddrives in computers was next to witchcraft back then. And you we're the coolest kid on the block if you had a 16MB USB flash drive.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, this is a really cheap deal, I mean, it is a G6 product. G6 has always costed double of competitors, and it also had less memory. Now you get 1GB ONBOARD memory, and the quality of a G6 product! Why can't you guys understand that the R4 + 1gb memory card is not the same as the G6? They are on a different level.

Also, the price for flash carts has dropped incredibly. I remember paying like $150 for a low end GBA flash cart. Stop with the bashing just because the price is $10 more. The G6DS will have far more capabilities than the R4, I still have hope that they'll make download play right.Â
smile.gif

They're not on a different level, they're the same aside from removable or built-in storage which is personal preference. And the price difference is not $10 but $20. Seeing as these devices are cheap now it's a big price difference (~30%).

Download play does not work properly. If it works it would justify the price difference but reality is that it currently doesn't. This is how G6 it's price point has always been justified in the past; it was actually a better product.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, well I remember walking two miles in the snow to school, and paid a penny for gum.

Wait... Wrong topic....

Anywho. I'm happy with my M3S, with my MicroSD's. Works perfectly for me. And POR freezing every now and then is not a problem for me at all. What's so good about built in memory anyway? If it doesn't have 100% compatibility (future-proof) then you might as well get the cheaper option $20 - even $10 - can get you either a 1gb or 2gb Micro-/Regular SD card.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

I've also had 2 gba flashcarts (64M and 128M) that costed more than $100, but that's because it was a normal price at that time, if someone's trying to sell a 64M flashcart for like $120 now, that would be expensive for now. So it's noth so patethic that if carts get sold at higher prices than their current competitors, those will be called "expensive", even if crap costed more 5 years ago.
(onboard memory always costs more than mass manufactured memory cards),
Untrue, the N-Card has a price-tag the R4 can't even match without the costs of a MicroSD card...

The price isn't that bad, but since the card doesn't do much revolutionary I don't see a reason to buy it anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.