G6 DS Real Pricing now available

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by H8TR, May 26, 2007.

May 26, 2007

G6 DS Real Pricing now available by H8TR at 2:09 PM (7,427 Views / 0 Likes) 82 replies

1. H8TR
    OP

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Divineo has announced that the G6 DS Real price will be $64.95 USD for the 8Gb (1GB) model. Not too bad but I still think it should be $10 lower. For slightly less game compatibility (POR & Tony Hawk), you could get a R4 and 2GB Micro SD or R4 & EZ 3-in-1. G6 DS Real should finally be available on June 1st.

2. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    That's quite cheap for what it is (onboard memory always costs more than mass manufactured memory cards), but the R4 and memory is still cheaper as you've already mentioned.

edit: then again, I would say that. Ha [​IMG]

3. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Aww, I thought it would've been cheaper!

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Well, it is not expansive at all. I just my M3 Simply for 50 euros! Though I could have got it cheaper, but not much.

Why don't they announce more info about the 3 in 1 device [​IMG]

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Where da hell is the 2gb!

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I think it's incredibly cheap personally for what you get.

Team DS-X better announce a large price drop soon if they hope to remain a semi-feasible option for potential buyers.

7. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Wow...that is cheap!!!

8. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I think alot is gona rest on the price of the 2GB, I mean a permanent 1GB of non-removable memory is not going to be incredibly useful, but 2GB is the sweet spot for many people. Obviously I'm not expecting it to be the same price as an R4 w/ 2GB card, but if it is relatively cheap than it could swing it for me.

Or we could all just wait for the CycloDS [​IMG]

9. nuhbiwan79

Newcomer nuhbiwan79 Advanced Member

Turkey
    hi guys. i don´t know why y'all say it's not expensive. I can buy an ez-flash + expansion + 1gb card and I would pay 13$ less. I won´t pay that money just for the cheat engine. I don´t care about not having to patch the games, they´re on the pc anyway and patching takes me what, 2 seconds?

10. Reikon

Newcomer Reikon Newbie

R4 - $32
    1 GB microSD - $10

Not worth the $23 difference.

11. bladerx

Member bladerx GBAtemp Fan

Dominican Republic
    Good for you, but the point here is that for an internal memory device, the G6 DS Real, is the first of it's kind with that much space and that small price. This is a great option and the price is right.

12. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I still can't believe some of you guys are bitching about that price.

This is a GIGABYTE of space. Way more than enough for any DS games that you may play between visits to the computer to toss roms onto it. Just because you can get other cards for less does NOT mean that this is expensive.

People just don't realize how cheap these "backup solutions" are.

13. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's looking good, not a bad price for fixed memory but I want to at least hold out until they price the 2GB and 3in1.

14. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Quoted for the truth. I paid around $170 for a 256mbit EZFA cart and it was worth every penny. Didn't bitch at all about the price. And for those that whine about space? That 256mbit in my gba cart doesn't hold much, but it can hold at least 1 of any commercial rom and therefore is enough and well worth it. And now adays people expect their carts to hold 20+ roms and cost $40. And come with extra goodies like a card reader. It's fucking pathetic.

15. H8TR
    OP

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Remember that NAND flash memory was still expensive as hell. The idea of using flash memory to replace harddrives in computers was next to witchcraft back then. And you we're the coolest kid on the block if you had a 16MB USB flash drive.

16. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah...

my N-Card costs 40$ with 2 gigabytes of memory and DLDI support and more features then the G6 Real...

17. iamthemountainki

Newcomer iamthemountainki Newbie

United States
    if my n4 craps out i'll check this out... but with a toshiba micro sd, my r4 is just as compatible games wise as the G6. [​IMG]

18. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands

They're not on a different level, they're the same aside from removable or built-in storage which is personal preference. And the price difference is not $10 but $20. Seeing as these devices are cheap now it's a big price difference (~30%).

Download play does not work properly. If it works it would justify the price difference but reality is that it currently doesn't. This is how G6 it's price point has always been justified in the past; it was actually a better product.

19. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    Yeah, well I remember walking two miles in the snow to school, and paid a penny for gum.

Wait... Wrong topic....

Anywho. I'm happy with my M3S, with my MicroSD's. Works perfectly for me. And POR freezing every now and then is not a problem for me at all. What's so good about built in memory anyway? If it doesn't have 100% compatibility (future-proof) then you might as well get the cheaper option $20 - even $10 - can get you either a 1gb or 2gb Micro-/Regular SD card.

20. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Untrue, the N-Card has a price-tag the R4 can't even match without the costs of a MicroSD card...

The price isn't that bad, but since the card doesn't do much revolutionary I don't see a reason to buy it anyway...