EZ 3in1 apps - gbaldr and rumble patcher

cory1492

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if it is 'news' per se, but...

My little project, GBALdr, has it's first supported cart being the EZ 3in1 (they provided help and accurate information). Beta released yesterday.

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4749 (also for the latest release)

Thanks to Xanny of GBArl.it for the R4 skin I used for this image:
gbaldr01b_emulated.jpg

gbaldr_0.1beta5.zip - the app, debug version for skinners
gbaldr_sample_skin.zip - an example skin (not as nice as the one in the screenshots, mainly because I made this one)
gbaldr_font_images_v1.zip - psd with guides where needed and bmp files to assist those of you with better gfx talents than myself.

I can't take any credit for this one, it was supplied to me under odd circumstances (the author does not want to come forward), I was quite surprised by it's quality. Apparently only Hotel Dusk has problems on an R4 using this patcher, I haven't tested it much but what I have seen shows it is far better than the couple assembly patches I made previously.
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4767
rumble_patcher.png

3in1_rumble_patcher.zip

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work man! Can't thank you enough. I see that Beta 3 is up now. The rumble patcher works great for Metroid, and if I soft reset (using my R4) I can use the rumble in Hotel Dusk. It seems to me that an individual patch is not necessary, only perhaps a simple app that will load the cart as a rumble pak and immediately reset. I even tried to load Slot-2 after soft-reset and it did not allow me to boot in GBA mode until I turned off my DS and back on. Maybe a simple app called "Activate Rumble" would be more versatile, and keep things cleaner (without patches.)

EDIT: In fact, Slot 1 cards such as the R4 would do well to add an option to "enable rumble pak" just like the reset patch and cheat patches!

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I activate the rumble cart and soft reset, Mario and Luigi does not go into sleep mode (it flickers on and off instead.) However, sleep mode works if I deactivate the rumble cart (turn off the DS.) However, Hotel Dusk and Metroid Prime Pinball preserve their sleep mode.

Arialia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good work Cory
bow.gif

How do you do for save? i'm so surprised
blink.gif
i have a file gbaldr_beta7.SAV in my folder /SAV on µSD of my Ninjads!

what is the code for this please
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.