Hacking Should I buy Acekard 2i or R4 DS with wood kernel?

pizzaman123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to buy either Acekard 2i or R4 DS with wood kernel and I have a DS Lite. I only want to know, if the wood kernel is updated more than the Acekard 2i and is it good if I buy it from Shop Temp. And also one more thing, can I update to new versions if I have Acekard 2.1?

D

Deleted User

I have both with use on a DSLITE (READ MY SIG). I bought an Acekard 2i and cost $3.00 less than when I originally bought my R4. So if you want to spend money, buy both. If you don't, go with the Acekard!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't the AKAIO 1.8.0/1.8.1 fw have Anti-Anti-Piracy so updates won't be needed AS much?

And the fact that you can go with higher than 2gb cards = win. Surprisingly, I need to update my size. Filled up too fast
ohmy.gif

If you only have a DS lite, and don't plan on upgrading to DSi, get the Acekard 2.1. Saves a few bucks, only works on original DS and DS lite. While the Acekard 2i works on every DS system. It's only 14 bucks. And you can never go wrong with Acekard
biggrin.gif

Acekard 2.1 @ www.shoptemp.com

I'd recommend it mainly for the added features. But if you don't want to spend that much, and will settle for just simple game playing, waiting for updates, and 2gb or lower, then by golly, grab the R4.

R4 @ www.shoptemp.com

Though I strongly recommend the Acekard for the added features as listed...

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i. I had an R4 clone, and most of my freinds have R4 clones running Wood, and I have to say, mine is way better, haha. Faster, better UI (in my mind), better compatibility.

ShadowSoldier said:
And the fact that you can go with higher than 2gb cards = win. Surprisingly, I need to update my size. Filled up too fast
ohmy.gif

This. I had a 2GB card and was constantly swapping stuff around. Now I have an 8GB card, about half full, and I love it. Slightly longer load times when I first load a ROM, but it's barely noticeable, and the size is way, way better.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll grab them both FTW! I love Wood and Akaio.
grog.gif
Seriously, how cheap can you get.
wink.gif

pizzaman123 said:
And also one more thing, can I update to new versions if I have Acekard 2.1?
You can't update the Acekard 2.1 only the Acekard 2i. These updates are necessary to restore functionality to the cart if the DSi receives a new firmware that blocks it. (I don't know if that's what you were referring to?)

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
pizzaman123 said:
And also one more thing, can I update to new versions if I have Acekard 2.1?
You can update the 2.1 to new versions of the AKAIO kernel, Acekard kernel. You just can't update the actual bootloader, which you won't need to anyway since you don't have a DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk